List of free Blender renderers

I couldn’t find LuxCoreRender for Blender 2.80 - on their site there’s BlendLuxCore v2.1

• Requires official Blender 2.79b. Did I miss something?
1 Like

I see - in RC - phase of development. Might be worthy trying. Thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Metin_Seven TheBounty repository is not anymore in GitHub. I are modified the entry with the link.
Btw, the web page is now moved to a more stable and fast server.
Cheers…

1 Like

Thanks for the notice. I’ve changed the link in the OP. Is it still not available for Blender 2.8+ , or should I change that too?

1 Like

Hey… Thanks for updating. In fact, there is a fully functional version for 2.8 and some people are testing it. But for now, it would keep the ‘not available’ mark until these people give their opinion on the usability status of this version.
Cheers…

1 Like

:+1: Please let me know when the 2.8 version is available, then I’ll adjust the OP again.

Removed the ‘Not available for Blender 2.8’ notice from Yafaray, as a new version has just been released. Thanks to @odil24 for letting this know.

I think this is premature. Unless you have a separate link for a 2.83 release, the most recent version of the Yafaray exporter is for Blender 2.79 -

EDIT - It looks like a 2.8x version is being worked on -
http://www.yafaray.org/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5393&p=32598&sid=a85af118f007f8246ae5bcb5d4c43392#p32598

1 Like

Thanks. I guess I’ll leave away the ‘Not available for 2.8’ notice, as the first Yafaray version for Blender 2.8 will undoubtedly follow soon.

1 Like

I wonder if many people still use Yafaray by the way. Just out of curiosity.

1 Like

Suggestion: D5 render

Site: https://www.d5render.com/

D5 converter for Blender (beta)

Gallery
https://www.d5render.com/gallery

1 Like

I wrote an article with more info about the available free renderers:

I don’t like it.
:frowning:

…a bit explanation:
Then there's the oldest free ray-tracing renderer of all mentioned renderers in this list: POV-Ray, derived from 'Persistence Of Vision'.
Is no derived… is Persistence Of Vision itself.

On a side note, there's also a fork project of Yafaray called The Bounty, but at the time of writing that is not yet available for Blender 2.8. 

Is ‘TheBounty’ … (yes, I know, is a common error…)
and I think maybe you don’t know but is ready for 2.83 / 2.91 ( only served on demand to a few people)
Best regards…

1 Like

I meant that ‘POV’ is derived from Persistence Of Vision, just the acronym, but I’ll rephrase it.

I know it’s being tested, but my article is aimed at the public Blender users. TheBounty is not publicly released yet, is it?

I’ve changed the text a little. Have a look at it.

1 Like

A new Renderman bridge for Blender will be announced very soon!

1 Like

I was just posting this here. You beat me to it :laughing:

1 Like

Metin, this D5 renderer… do you have any experience with it? Is it working ok with Blender? And how is it installed? You have to insall first the renderer and seperately the plugin or is that the renderer is packed in the related plugin? Does the free version has any limitations?

The renders it has in its site’s gallery are impressive indeed. So thought that it could be good to have it as a further rendering choice.

1 Like

Sorry, I’ve got no experience with the D5 renderer. At the time I assmbled my free renderers list it was still an obscure new renderer, and I haven’t revisited the site since then.

If you find out more about it, I’d love to read your experience here, thanks in advance.

1 Like