List of supported node-setups for EEVEE

Thread dedicated to provide an overview of supported nodes for EEVEE as well as examples and idea’s to for node-setups. You can read what nodes are supported in EEVEE on: Nodes Support in the Blender 2.80 manual.

Be free to add your own idea as follows (Try to avoid to much discussion so readers have a nice overview);

• Add a screenshot of the node-setup with also a render example in the same screen.

• A llittle description

I start with a simple example:

Layer Weights are supported. With Layer Weights you can define features of a material on grazing angle and facing angle. In this example here I give the grazing angle a bit of a darker colour and give the facing angle a bit more roughness than the grazing angle. The latter one is for artistic purpose and inspired on the idea MicroRoughness. (Hope it doesn’t end up in a big discussion).

I’ll add more every now and then.

2 Likes

Object Info - Random
With Random we can add different values to one (or more) feature(s) of a material for each object that has the same material. Here I give each object another color that is defined in the colorramp. (apology for my English).

It is always good to use randomness (for nearly everything). Like in real life there are loads of variations even if an object has the same materials. It makes the scene looks less sterile. You can use subtle variations instead of the exaggerated shown here. You can plug the random in nearly everything and with a colorramp (for example) you can control how subtle the randomness has to be).

Distort UV with noise Texture.
Did you know you just can distort UV with a noise Texture?
Here I place a noise texture right behind a Texture Coordinate Node. For more subtle results I have to mix that with the original UV.