Virtualight! I’ve done a lot of testing lately, with BMRT, 3Delight and Virtualight. The export to 3Delight and BMRT is done by the blenderman script. I also agree that lightwave’s renderer is great! It’s the most user friendly of all. It just works, bit slow however.
Check out some of my test images here:
More recently, I’ve been checking out Virtualight, see my latest render here:
3Delight has a couple of big pros:
- Lightning fast
- Cool depth of field (which is also fast)
- 3Delight looks very promising to me, a new release is due out this month.
- With the blenderman script, I couldn’t get the right settings for good lighting, I kept getting awful shadows and big artifacts. This might be fixable by manually editing the rib files, which is not user friendly.
- fast global illumination renderer
- difficult to get all artifacts out of the render and becomes quite slow if you want quality.
- lots of features, gi, caustics, radisity, everything.
- Very good export script and a gui interface which makes editing vib files quite easy.
- Hard to get artifacts, it’s perfect
- anti aliasing sucks.
- windows only.
Wybren van Keulen