Little Bot

Hello,

I just arrived on this forum, so I’ll begin with my current WIP. This is a little character, a robot. He was supposed to be a robot lost on a desert Island, but I’m not sure I’ll add more details. Maybe a fishing rod or something like that.

Here is a clay render using cycle :

I’m currently working on texture but that’s not really my cup of tea. I’m trying to unwrap some part to use realistic textures. I’ll keep you posted of the updates !

Please let me know if you have any comments on the modelisation.

Kirbs

Superb modelling! Could you show some more photos so I could see your process, like the wireframe! Are you going to rig and animate it? Did you box model this? Great character design! Can’t wait to see it textured x)

Fantastic!!

You know i’m especially happy seeing this. Whenever someone makes a robot, my most favorite thing is when they use a tv or a monitor for the head. If i ever make a robot i’d feel bad for copying that but i’m glad that i see a few examples of it now and it really gets me to think about that idea of “if it’s a good idea, use it.” that being… from team building exercises back at school.

Anyway it looks fantastic and your scenario sounds pretty sweet (:

i also wonder if it will be animated aswell (:

Welcome here to the forums keep up the epic work! (;

He’s cute, can’t wait to see the textures :slight_smile:

I’ll admit it…I’m kind of partial to robots.

I’ve played with Blender before…a long time ago, but I’ve only started really opening it up and “working on stuff” for a few months now. I’m currently battling with the camera tracking and some old footage I took with a really (as it turns out) inappropriate cellphone camera.

If I’m lucky, when I finally get around to modeling with it, to come up with something this clean and groovy…I’ll be very happy.

I’m also terribly colorblind, so you wouldn’t want my help with texturing it. But, just to assist in the conversation…are you specifically wondering about colors, or also like…I don’t know…decals and subsurface mapping and all that stuff?

Hi,

Thanks for the comments ! For the process … hmmm … I don’t really have one. I uses box modeling for most of the part. For some I uses solidify modifiers. I’m sure there are many way to work faster but as I don’t know how to, I just do like this.

I think I spent about 20 hours for the modelisation.

I’ll try to upload a wire render as soon as I’m back home.

You know i’m especially happy seeing this. Whenever someone makes a robot, my most favorite thing is when they use a tv or a monitor for the head. If i ever make a robot i’d feel bad for copying that but i’m glad that i see a few examples of it now and it really gets me to think about that idea of “if it’s a good idea, use it.” that being… from team building exercises back at school.

Actually, I took the Idea from an amazing robot of dd Jimenez. It was one of the pictures proposed as inspiration for the blender Cookie robot contest.

Hi,

Here is a wire of my character before few updates on modelisation.

There are some details missing but I had some issues while trying to do a wire render with the last version.

Nice job!