little character animation

Hey guys!

I am just working on a little tiny character animation.
http://lysithea.sunn.de/robo2.avi
cya henrik

hehe very nice! :smiley: I think you could play with the timing of the individual hops, to give them more anticipation as he winds up for the jump, and a sense of weight when he comes down. The individual hop should take more time considering the amount of motion you have in there. Or you could make it more subtle. The other part is the end- the fall would benefit comically from some anticipation (teetering trying to stay balanced) and It doesn’t make sense; it looks like he hit a wall? but with no sense of impact. Otherwise, he would probably fall forward since that’s where his momentum is going- unless he overcompensates trying not and falls back. I’m giving you lots of comments 'cuz I always want them when I do animations and get to the point where I don’t know what to do next.

thanks for the comment!!! You are one of the less people who gimme comments :slight_smile:
He is supposed to hit the border of the screen, not a phyiscal wall. Maybe i should change that a little bit.

cya henrik

It’s a really nice idea. I like the hop-cycle, I don’t like the way he hits the “screen”, at first I didn’t understand why he fell over, then i read what you said. Don’t know how you could make this clearer, maybe by making him get up and try again or something…

WeWa

you need to emphasize the impact more at the ‘wall’. There’s more than one way to do this- you could have him bounce back- make sure the motion curves and the timing are correct for this. another aproach (which would work better if the ‘hops’ were longer and higher, would have him hit the wall, hold, and then slide down slowly.
I feel animations sometimes get less comments because its more of a hastle for people to download them and play them- esp. for people on slow connections or w/ slow machines. I have broadband so its not a problem- and I like animation. :smiley:

yay, i am thinking of possibilities to make it clearer.
@slow connection:
that doesnt count. This animation is just 120k that’s less then many pics in this forum :stuck_out_tongue:

cya henrik

We don’t know that until we actually start to download something, because noone puts file sizes beside their links (grr!).