I christened him Little Jonny, as that was the first name that came into my head. It’ll be a little while before I get cracking into the head and hands area (need time to go over the character animation book I’ve got to get the face loops and the hands right) but I do have the availability to do the body and feet.
I’m posting this now to get advice on the following things:
- rigging, how to I rig this character for full manoveurability (generic sword fight for animation practice), including locking the finger movement at certain angles and restrictions in various areas so as not to get impossible movement.
- setting up the face loops so as to allow for complete jaw and cheek movement, frown wrinkles and some of the other more complex facial expressions not normally covered. While I do have knowledge about applying various animation sliders to the mesh and whatnot, I’m not nearly so knowledable about actually putting the mesh together without screwing it up badly. Advice on that matter would be extremely helpful.
- also I’m wondering whether or not to have whites in his eyes or just the pupil (skin colour is a prussian blue/blue grey)
- dynamic hair for decent hair during animation (I don’t want to use particles, rather a mesh, but I’m not sure which would be better, aiming for clumped cartoon type look)
- getting in flashes on sword strikes.