Livin room design

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to start a career in Interior Design so one of the “requirements” was to learn interior 3D rendering.
This is my first project, I started learning Blender 2 months ago (my first contact with 3D modelling ever) and this is the result.
I chose Blender firstly because it’s free and secondly because of the great community.

If you enjoy my work, you can see more on instagram @decode.deco

Notes!
Textures are from cc0textures or cgbookcase or made by me from photos.
The plants, light fixtures and some decorations are from cgtrader, I modeled the rest includin the couch and the armchair.
Rendered in cycles.

Every feedback is most welcome since I am only starting…

Hope you enjoy !

5 Likes

Nice renders :+1: but something´s wrong with the carpet or better the chair and table on it. Is it the missing shadows, too bright overall lighting? Don´t know how to explain :man_shrugging: Do you know what I mean? :thinking:

The beanbag intersects the carpet

I agree about the lighting and i know i still need to learn a lot. I am now playing with a different light setting on every project trying to find the magic one
Thank you!

Good work!
Looks really clean and the colors are on point :+1:
Will definitely follow you on IG to see your progress!

Things you could improve imo:
-The white texture on the coffee table and the plates& cups is to bright
-add a stucco bump map to the walls
-The lighting is unnatural. Try to place your lights in the lamps and add a hdri or an area light to the window to connect the interior more with the world around it.
-The Dinning Table is to close to the wall (because if you wanted to sit on the right site you would have to move the table every time to take a seat)

Thank you!

• i agree about the white, i think it can also be caused of some settings in contrast i played with
  • Thanks for the tip with the stucco. I will try it
  • the light setting i was using was multiple area lights because i was trying to increase the shadowing. I think lighting is my biggest issue at the moment
  • that was the client’s demand. The space used for the table was actually on a part of the wall that was deeper than the rest of the wall. They wanted the table and the chairs in that space which i agree is not large enough. They chose to have it like this and pull the table aside when they needed to use all the chairs. i used the timber cladding to hide the difference between the walls