@lmodanimation The Love Me or Die, Animation WIP and BTS

Hope the instagram posts work OK here… Any suggestions for which forum and how to present are most welcome, though I guess I’ll just make this an ongoing thread for now.

My long-term passion project ‘The Love Me or Die’ is getting some much needed attention lately. I thought it was about time I started sharing some work here too. It features music by the legendary C.W. Stoneking. You might have to stay tuned a bit before I can share clips with music though.

Here’s a sneak peek of our drummer, freshly textured and ready for rigging in the next few days. His clothes were initially created in Marvelous Designer, and some texturing was done with 3D-coat. This is an eevee render. Hope you like him!

And please do follow our journey! It’s a big project, but we’re on track to have a 1min teaser in the next weeks :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Here is the Voodoo doll, the titular ‘Love Me or Die’ herself…

eevve render, some modelling in MD, materials all built in Blender this time. And some fun times modelling that Spanish Moss :wink:

The big dance number! Well a tiny bit of it. This has been my hugest cloth simulation journey so far! The shot has 5 separate, but interacting simulations. I’ve been thinking of some sort of tutorial, but what tiny subset of Blender users would want to see that? I’m imagining the Venn diagram…(Blender users(Blender Animators(Character Animators(Animators who do cloth sim(Animators who are insane and masochistic)))))

I’ve been moving my editing from FCPX to DaVinci Resolve over the last months. So cool! And it copes very well just loading .exr frame sequences straight into the timeline, which is a huge boon for all this black-and-white colour grading etc… This is a cycles render btw. I need that bounce lighting here!

One more animation today… this was last week’s post celebrating the mini milestone on Insta. A quick animation test with Boney Tromboney! And this was my second most complex build in MD so far, after CW’s evening suit. No cloth sim yet on here otherwise.

And here’s a couple of WIP stills. Thanks for looking, and do stay tuned for more.

The Voodoo Apothecary

1 Like

Here’s our drummer boi, with some proxy environment in place! A fun bit of animation towards the upcoming trailer

2 Likes