Lobby

(MikeDough2) #1

Just a little something I was working on. Im a newbie to blender and if anybody has any suggestions as to making this a better scene, thatd be great.

http://www.angelfire.com/md3/programming/image.html

(BgDM) #2

Welcome to the world of Blender!

For your image:

1. You have 2 lights shining off of the stairs with no visible source. I would maybe make some lamps in the walls/colums and place those lights there so you have a visual reference as to the source.

2. The image in the BG, (the blue end wall texture), is way too jaggy. Try scaling it in the texture window using the X & Y settings, or, in the actual image loader, (assuming it is a loaded image), click the ANTI button and set the Filter value to about 0.2. THis should help

3. Try making each colum with a seperate, but very similar, material to break up the repeatedness of the texture. It is repeating way too much right now.

Keep it up. Blender can be frustrating at times, but once you get the basics down, it is a great little piece of software.

BgDM

(S68) #3

BgDM is right,

for point (2) I might suggest to make texture ‘Global’ this way it will be different on each column yet you’ll have a single material

Stefano

(blengine) #4

pretty nice, reminds me of stargat =)
bg has good points :stuck_out_tongue:

(MikeDough2) #5

Hey thanks for the advice. Should I scale the back wall texture up or down? Also, you said to make the textures for the individual columns slightly different from each other. I tried using the global setting but the problem is that all the dark columns are on one side and all the lighter colored ones are on the other. Thanx.

(Enos Shenk) #6

Ohhh that floor is just begging for an envmap…