Locked Out

Latest:

Original Post:

Just a little image I’m working on. Any tips to make the garbage bags sit better? I’m using geometry nodes on a custom mesh shape but there is lots of clipping between objects right now.

BTW the spheres are just a quick layout for tents.

2 Likes

Update,

What do you feel about the new lighting?

1 Like

Another update. It’s getting there.

1 Like

Ok I got rid of the signage and will think of something better to put. Adding a cube with just a really low volume scatter really adds to the photorealism. Also this is a low sample render of 100 with denoise.

1 Like

Latest update. Making the tent was a pain. I used cloth sim with pinning to get an accurate look. Still need to add a door and window texture. I think I’ll need to bring it in substance painter for that. I’ll also need to sim another tent or maybe two just do they are no the same tent duplicated.

1 Like

Nice work in general.
Although the red ‘X’ barrier of sorts emphasizes the idea of being Locked out, I think the render looks better without them; so I agree with you on getting rid of the signage, just dont replace it with anything else like in the post I’ve replied to. It looks good that way.

I suggest making the Trashcan fire a bit dimmer, and give the people around it some poses first. And also make the city background dimmer, might emphasize the fire. Great work anyhow :smile:

Yeah I really need to get some more real people in there. I’m just stuck doing details all over the place. I am aiming for realism and keep getting distracted by the details.

Here is a new render. I think adding the building numbers satisfies my urge to have some kind of projection in the shot.

I’m not sure if dimming the lights would look good as I tried making them physically accurate, but I will experiment.

2 Likes

Here is the latest and a rough sketch of what I want for the rest of the image and then I’ll call it finished.

1 Like