Logitech Dual Action

Hi,
i bought an Logitech Dual Action game pad and am wondering if anyone happens to use this (popular) model with the game engine?
I have the buttons working but don’t get the two axis knobs (movable with thumbs) working.
The left one works a bit but is hard to control.
Maybe there is something i’m overlooking?

Attachments

EDIT ++++++++++++++
Never mind, it’s all working now :slight_smile:

ok - i’ve managed to play with “threshold” values which stabilized the driving to a satisfying level but still can’t use the second joystick control for the right thumb.
Anyone managed to configure that one?

One more thing. The Logitech Dual Action game pad works in linux without configuration! YAY!

i used this pad for a project a year or so ago,
from what i remember the right thumbstick has switched axis’. ie up/down = left/right.
i could post the script i used or an example blend. its based on someone elses example, you run a blend and it configres the pad, very handy.

do a search for “analogue joystick”. the script only dealt with one stick, but it wasn’t hard to setup for the two.

marf

i used this pad for a project a year or so ago,
from what i remember the right thumbstick has switched axis’. ie up/down = left/right.
i could post the script i used or an example blend. its based on someone elses example, you run a blend and it configres the pad, very handy.

do a search for “analogue joystick”. the script only dealt with one stick, but it wasn’t hard to setup for the two.

marf
marf,
thanks for your reply. I actually noticed that but am glad that you mentioned it too so I know that I’m doing the right thing.
Man, this is becoming addictive LOL … i’ve just created another test scene to find ideal values for moving the camera and two hours just flew by.

I’ve used blender on/off since 1999 and actually never touched the game engine until a few days ago. Can you believe that?
After watching Mike’s (mpan) landscape demo in awe, I’m converting much of my work over to the game engine.
In an hour, i have a meeting down town to show my latest creation and hope to blow them away navigating the scene with the game pad instead of the keyboard!

Wish me luck :slight_smile:

good luck. Alternative input methods (ie other than basic mouse and keyboard) are really fun to play with. I’ve gotten a chance to use some Promethean boards (basically projector screens which function as huge tablets) a few times, and they really give a different experience. I re-coded part of a car game I made to work with the Promethean.

WOHOO!!
life is gooood agian :)))
I couldn’t get them off of my machine. They didn’t expect to have control via a game-pad as we’ve never discussed this option!
The funny thing was that while setting up, I tried to connect to a wireless network which didn’t work for some reason so the processor kept running at 100% while trying to connect. On top of that, I run the “game file” and to my surprise, it still run 60fps.
Not bad for a three year old laptop!

Now i have some serious work ahead of me! - ciao :slight_smile:

P.S. J09, you have a very cool avatar :slight_smile:

Right on - sounds like your becoming a GE master now!

This controller worked on Paldo?

Mike,
i’m far from an GE Master.
yes, out of the box on all my machines running paldo “testing”
(they have stable, testing, unstabe & experimental)
Actually, if i recall this, we probably talked bout that?

Ever since the blender workshop, i’ve gone GE crazy!
The really good thing about the game pad is that i no longer have to make instructions regarding keys and functions they perform. With the game pad it’s just a few seconds of pushing buttons and voila, everyone knows what to do :slight_smile:
My complicated life has just become a little easier!