Logitech MX Master 3 is good choice for Blender?

Hi there, I’m an interface designer and for some projects I need to create 3D images or short animations, so I’m learning Blender.
For the first works I used my actual input devices: Magic Trackpad 2, Magic Mouse 2 and a Wacom tablet, but I often miss a real three buttons mouse using Blender to speedup the work.
I’ve just seen the new MX Master 3 and with the new scrolling wheel, could be a good replacement as multi purpose mouse (i like the scrolling feature of Magic Mouse).
Do you think it can be a good mouse for Blender too?

That’s a purely personal decision. The only thing to watch out for is that the software to customize the buttons is running on your system. Which seems to be the case. That said, Logitech’s mice aren’t bad. You decide how much/what buttons you want and how it looks. I can see the thumbwheel being cool for timeline control.

1 Like

Hi, I don’t have any experience with Magic Mouse 2, but I’m using MX Master since first release, I tried many mouses before Master… I can say, this one is best which I ever had.
I have first generation, My girlfriend has second generation MX Master 2S, we use this mouse in Blender on daily base and it is great! Mouse perfectly fit to my hand, connection via bluetooth is flawless and in-build battery is immortal… (I charge the mouse ± once per three week)
I try some custom shortcuts but i prefer default setting and switching between fastscroll and standard scroll is amazing…
:star::star::star::star::star:
If you wanna save some money, you can still buy first generation, it is cheaper and functionality is same…

1 Like

Does/has anybody gotten the side wheel of the MX master 3 to pan side to side in the 3D viewport and the node editor?

1 Like