Logo tutorial problems

Hello, im doing the noob to pro blender tutorials in the wikibook, i was almost finished when i realized i had 3 problems in my logo…

First one, i traced the lighting bolt nicely and it came out good, but how do i add like, volume? its just an outline with nothing inside…

second, i did the circle but when i finished it and rendered it for some odd reason it looks like its got material on it…

and third, why do i just see the circle in edit mode and not in object mode? in object mode i just see the rectangle inside…

thanks, pic is below

http://img276.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitled7kk.jpg

The circle problem is probably double vert or faces that lay over each other. Try press rem double, if that doesn’t do it try to use the face selct mode and look up and remove faces that lay over eachother.

If you’re in Edit mode and push F9 you arrive with an option palette ‘Curves and surfaces’. With your curve selected you can increase Extrude to lift your logo. Alt-C to make your curves a mesh. In side view you can select the upper vertices and use SHIFT-F to join the faces - not good practice as it causes triangles, but for flat surfaces you can say so what. For you weird material problem - I don’t know where you’ve put your hands :wink:

well i fixed the material thing…but i still cant figure out the other 2 problems…

this image should clear everything up

thanks again

http://img290.imageshack.us/img290/3707/untitled3xv.th.jpg

Less XP green medows next time :wink:
On number pad you can click “/” to focus and unfocus. Try it, it’s cool!
For the rest in side view select top vertices and…

aaaaaaaand??

lol, sorry about the wallpaper, its another monitor…

anyways, the / thing didnt do a thing… let me put it this way…

im Editing the circle thing, i SEE the circle AND the rectangle…i press TAB to switch to object mod and the circle dissappears, just leaving the rectangle… and you didn finish telling me that other thing… lol

PS: they really need to complete/finish/update those tutorials in the wikipedia, they are great but some are lacking things and are for blender 2.37 so sometimes i find it hard to use some buttons…

the “/” thing don’t work in normal key board, but on the side with the numpad. It’s like one of those things people say is in your face but you keep saying …what?

i may be a noob to blender but not to programs in general or computers…so yeah, i tried that it still didnt work…

thanks anyways…

my main problem is closing the damn lighting bolt cause they did it in the tutorial but didnt show how…

To close the bolt mark four vertices (works with 3 too but try to get 4) and press F and continue with that tecnique till your’e done. This tecnique assumes that you are doing a mesh otherwise press ALT+C to convert curve to mesh.