Loneliness - Drawing

Sorry for not posting this in the traditional forum, but hey, no one ever looks there anyway… :wink:

http://www.lemsoft3d.com/images/Art/Loneliness.jpg
C&C Welcome

No replies? Geez, it must be pretty bad… :slight_smile:

no man … i wish i could make drawings like that. it’s not perfect, but hey, who wants perfect.

now for some comments … you want’m, don’t ya :smiley:

the ‘air’ around him is not quite defined … it’s called ‘lonely’ but it also looks meditative, like he’s just not here (just like his eyes). His left hand seems to be drawn from top instead of from our point of view.

it’s nice. you can clearly see he’s in his head, not interacting with his environment. good job :slight_smile:

I understand what you mean, but you still should have posted this there.
Very well done, though.

what was the medium?

Assuming you were shooting for realism:

The creases at the elbows are wrong, they should start nearer the bend and work round the sleeve, likewise on the right shoulder (our right). The fingers look at little too thin.

Some shading on the face would bring it more inline with the shading on the body…

Right wrist looks too thick.

Proportions all look good other than those mentioned.

Good study, although could be improved.

In conveying loneliness:

Seems to be regarding the camera, drawer etc… this makes it look as though there is someone else there, maybe a random point in space to look into would be better, or the desk itself.

edit: just realised eyes are closed, maybe some shading (light) on the eyelids would remove the appearence that the eyes are open.

Alex

I cant see the pick :frowning: And when i try to look at it manually, i get a “403 error”

Fingers are too small, need more detail. The hand, when compared to forearm, is too small. Apart from that, its getting, its pretty good. Keep on adding more details. Love to see the final product.

Thanks for all of the comments!

scraze: Thank you very much. :slight_smile:

paroneayea: Yeah, you’re right, I’ll post there in the future. :slight_smile:

skibum5889: Pencil. :wink:

alicopey158: Yes, thank you for all of the constructive criticism. :slight_smile: I realize the cloth looks wrong, it’s my first time drawing cloth, so…
About the fingers: yes, I realize that they are too small, but I was lazy and it was really late, so I guess that’s something for next time. :slight_smile:

About the point in space at wchich he’s staring: I was originally going to call this “The face of evil”, but I decided he looked too peaceful. It was originally planned on being a creepy, blank stare at the viewer.

edit: just realised eyes are closed, maybe some shading (light) on the eyelids would remove the appearence that the eyes are open.

Actually, they are open. :wink: It’s meant to bee kind of unnerving, if you know what I mean.

Fingers are too small, need more detail. The hand, when compared to forearm, is too small.

Yes, I realized that after drawing them, but It would have taken a whole reposition of the arms and such to make them larger.

Anyway, thanks for all of the kind commetns! :smiley:

I look there.

moved to its right place

@lemmy

you know it wasn’t the right place, so why bother post it in “Finished…” ?

:-?

While the actual drawing may have it’s issues, I think the feeling of loneliness could have been conveyed more effectively with some stronger composition. Play up your angles and take more advantage of your negative space. A piece with mediocre craft can look good as long as the composition is strong.