Lonely Cans

Now that I have your attention:
http://www.jfnetservices.com/lonelycans.jpg

kinda boring, but i like it. but the cans seem tooo short.

they’re the cute 8-oz cans

Pretty good, but shouldn’t they be a little more reflective? They’re pop cans. :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t think so, the paint duals out the reflections. I would increase the specularity though. Great work :smiley:

Looks a little jagged, not in aliasing, but in the actual geometry of the can. Maybe a level of subsurf would help, you might have to add a few vertices here and there to keep the shape though.

Try filling the background with something else than black… it’s a major factor I think…
Aside from that … indeed the cans need some more spark…

md01

Yeah, maybe the bottom of the machine they came out of.

Cans do need some more specularity, and it never hurts to add a little raymir with upped fresnel to them (miniscule amount not enough to produce a clear image, but enough so you know its metal).

Also, if they are the 8 oz. cans I think they might be too tall. From what I remember, 8 oz. cans are more pumpkin-y, while normal ones are more cucumber-y.

The mountain dew logo is not as I remember. Shouldn’t the can be a dark green or have I missed something?

they are livewire (orange flavor), and I measured an actual can to get exact scale. They do have a raymir are .05 I believe, but that is after looking at the real can and determining the level they reflected. The roughness of the can is due to the fact that when I subsurf it, the uvmap textures stretch to an ugly point.

I always forget about that flavor.

Pretty good. Two things: right now they look like some kind of biohazard containers… give them some reflection, heh It just doesn’t look like aluminum… Also I think the bottom looks a bit weird… on real cans it’s more smoothed out kind of… all-one-curve thing.

Nice composition though.

~Blade

Cans are short, they’re none-reflective, you should use sub surfs (and model to make them look nice, use 8 vertex circles and start extruding) to avoid ugly artifacts from set smooth, there seems to be a lack of spec on the render as well which really makes the scene look bland.

It has promise.

SUBSURFING is really distroying the textures.

DITTOHEAD: I said previously that they are 8OZ CANS. They are supposed to be short. I measured them and everything. I wish I could figure out how to make the textures not stretch when Subsurf is hit, but I don’t know how. Any help would be appreciated.

There is no way as far as i can tell.
Forget about it.
Just subdivide it then convert and apply textures.
It’s a still right? Then what’s the big deal?
Is there some reason your going low poly?

They would benifit greatly from some more spec and a little reflection, and if there’s 4 of them, why are they lonely? Also, I think the label’s backgroundl green should be quite a bit greener and darker, and they woul dlook nicer as full isze. Nive modeling though, except it’d be nice to see the top of one. Good job!