Look at this vid now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN3jKuJeOmE

and rate it

I have a bad feeling about clicking this…

I rated it one star…you happy now? :wink:

And that song is god awful.

Hah, I was the first to rate and rated it one star too.

This screams ‘shameless plug’

Anyway, I wouldn’t spread plugs about your game everywhere on these forums, people might think you’re trying to pass it off as the best game ever when its not.

Is that game developed by you? Or is it just a video of you playing some random video game? Either way music had ruined it for me.

Nice to see someone actually using blender for something constructive.

i did not like the music. But it was neat to see your work.

Anyway, I wouldn’t spread plugs about your game everywhere on these forums, people might think you’re trying to pass it off as the best game ever when its not.

Well post pictures of your elite game CD… What you don’t make games? How about some nice renderings? Hmmm… you have not made anything recently.
I have an idea, why don’t you go around and tell other people how to make their games.Your artwork and games are just sooooo much better.

It looks much better than anything I have ever seen you produce.
No wonder people don’t use the BGE, as soon as someone makes something it gets compared with “AAA” games, and their threads get trashed by people who do not even make games.

He put a lot of work into that.

I never said the game wasn’t good, I’m just saying he shouldn’t create threads as a plug all over the off topic forum, he already has two threads on his game in the BGE forum, plus the title sounds as if he’s trying to get everyone to see his video and rate it high which this kind of attention seeking is frowned upon by many in this forum.

Also, if you look in my gallery, I have a number of recent work made with 2.5, and I’m largely not doing anything in the BGE because of 2.5 improvements and features making me not want to use 2.49b anymore.

I never said the game wasn’t good,

Here is what you said:

people might think you’re trying to pass it off as the best game ever when its not

I’m just saying he shouldn’t create threads as a plug all over the off topic forum, he already has two threads on his game in the BGE forum, plus the title sounds as if he’s trying to get everyone to see his video and rate it high which this kind of attention seeking is frowned upon by many in this forum.
Well then make a better video, and show us how it should be done.[/QUOTE]

This is the first time I saw it, and I think it was pretty cool. Perhaps he is getting tired of getting flammed in the other threads, and wants a new crowd to see it. I know I am not going to post my game work in the game threads because of this. My stuff is going into the finished artwork gallery, where people can appreciate it as art, not to sit back and poke hole in it.

Also, if you look in my gallery, I have a number of recent work made with 2.5, and I’m largely not doing anything in the BGE because of 2.5 improvements and features making me not want to use 2.49b anymore.

Amen, so that gives you the right to tell people who are developing a game, how bad they suck?
Why not do something constructive.

Sorry to focus on you CD, you are not the only one bashing this guy.

It is obvious that he is very proud of his work. He wants people to see it like he sees it.

The song’s not bad, but why did you choose it for this??? I’d have thought a creepy ambient theme would have worked a bit better…

When I say best game ever, I mean better then games such as Spore, Doom, or in something that might appeal to you, better than the GTA series. Will this be the next Doom, Half-life, Portal, Crysis, or Quake, maybe not in the way it is now (the music just doesn’t help convey it as an example), but it depends on how it handles the test of people playing it.

Also, I have at least 5 games that I consider in a complete state made in the BGE with more very playable incomplete projects, look at what I have done before you judge.

And then you may say don’t judge Arbiter before seeing his work, considering how he handled his first game Secret of Diamond Island, many members have a good idea of what he has on his belt.

I think it looks cool, a bit too much spec? I don’t know, but it shines and has a very plastic feeling to it. I would suggest downgrading to multires. And ignore the guys who is being assholes. They can’t do any better them self:rolleyes:

@ Cyborgdragon

Secrets of diamond island is a complete game for your information, and it was made in a very early stage of me learning blender.(back when I thought I had made a major accomplishment by making a cube move with logic bricks).

@ Almost everybody else who replied to this thread

Please stop saying that I am doing this purely for attention as this is the off-topic chat thread. Yet I am still getting flamed for posting something that is clearly random and off topic.(Apocalypse, you know that FPS I am making). Secondly for those of you who keep saying the music sucks I have two things to say:
My speakers are broken and I hit the I’m feeling lucky button on youtube during the audio swap.
I’ve never heard this song in my life and do not plan on doing it until my speakers get fixed. If you don’t like the music I will kindly change it if someone would just say so.

as this is the off-topic chat thread

Not to take you to the ground or anything, but you already have two threads about the development of your game in the BGE forums.

Look at KRUM, it only has one discussion thread and only had another because Haidme had a question about selling (which has since concluded), Existance has just one thread despite the size of the game, other large scale BGE projects also only have one thread.

With this one you have three development/discussion threads, I’m just saying that the game needing three discussion threads going at once is too many, just one big thread is enough for what you’re doing.

Does that make sense:)

Yes but I don’t expect this thread to last very long. It is just an off topic one. and people post at least 20 off topic threads everyday.

It’s not ‘Off Topic’ if it’s a video demo of your game. It should have been a post in your main game thread.

Richard

New vid
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=kaelan96#p/u/0/w1DXAD9xXFs