Look Ma you can see through me

Look at the image I think i did evrything correctly. On the image you can see through when starting the the blend but if you stop the blend then restart it will look normal, restart again and it might look normal or see through. I am of course using alpha it goes away if i use clip alpha but i need alpha Is this a problem with my system?

digiman

Attachments

Did you enable the sort option on all the faces? It’s in the same section as alpha, just above it

I tried your suggestion then i slected all faces and selected copy still the same problem i start it and it looks good, restart and it is see -through Anything else i can try?

digiman

show us a blend so we can look at the mesh.

Unfortunately my computer is showing a blue screen After trying to fix it all i get is a black screen I am writing this from the library computer As soon as i get my pc working correctly i will get you the blend
Thanks

digiman

Now that i am back on the net here is the mesh Notice a few things when pressing the space bar the object will come out solid and other times see-through When solid you can’t see the fin on POV side like you are supposed to When pressing the space bar press at different speeds (seems to make a difference)
On my computer i see solid solid, trans, trans, trans, solid etc this has been a problem since i tried using alpha

digiman

Attachments

texturetest.blend (185 KB)

You forgot to pack the textures…

Do you make the body of the fish transparent too ? That may be because of that

I have automatic packing so that can’t be it. I tried repacking did not work Neon, i tried making the body opaque but still have the problem What is really odd is that about 5o% percentage come out solid and the other half transparent

digiman

It looks strange.

I looked at the skin mesh (please remove the logic bricks from the skin!).
When I start the BGE it is fine, stop, start again, the mesh normals seems inverted. It is not the logic.

I think it is a problem of the material. I removed the material and it was fine. You should check there. I have the impression there is a problem with the textures.

I added logic brick to skin so it would move as you add it easier to see the problem This happens with all textures i have tried only when using alpha maybe this is a bug or maybe i am doing something wrong if no one else has this problem. if you have any other ideas let me know i had a feeling this could not be fixed considering how long i have tried to fix it

digiman

It occurred to me that maybe the problem is that i am not preparing the texture correctly. Here’s how i prepared the fish texture I add a transparency over the entire picture leaving just the fish then i lower my opacity to about 50% or so and go over areas like the fins anything that will be semi-transparent, then i save as a png file. that’s it Am i doing correctly?

digiman

I didn’t saw any texture in your file, but I saw the problem.