LOOKING BACK: Important/fun/critical moments or events you remember of this forum

Joining.

My HUGE flame session with nehpets

Ecks v Alltaken

Seeing RobertT’s work

Dito.
Never take anything personal if it comes from a stranger or from any youth of the Blendernation.

I’ve only been here for a couple of months, so I don’t really have any moment which i remember as being critical/highly entertaining/important.
Maybe when I nearly hit the 1000th post in the “let’s play” thread, but Sago snatched it before me.
Damn Sago :mad:

I remember My fight with 3DGURU,
I remember the beginnings of the sago baby VS Super-Wu man,
I remember the time super-wu man was still wu,
I remember when I joined,
I remember all sorts of good games started, but never finished.

Jacco;

Or history is made whenever @ndy posts a work because he doesn’t post too many but they are ultra high quality.

I remember Bwarg, the birth (er, join) of Kansas_15, the death of Kansas_15…

Um, other stuff.

I started out as R2Blend by the way, then I became R2Bl3nd, then I became Arr Matey!!.

Um, death, if I died then why would I be here today (unless your saying I never came back under that name)?

I remember you as R2Blend, you posted quite a lot back then.

I also remember back on the old board when we had ranks like ‘Forum Monkey’

Some people got there pretty quick though it took 500 posts.

personally - the xmas game contest a couple of years back. i don’t normally go in for those - but that was a highlight for me.

I remember making the mistake of posting an article I wrote against abstract art…

There’s also my almost shameless attempt at fame by releasing a mouse rig onto the internet when it actually isn’t that great. Sooooo much could be improved.

Maybe it’s not truly history, but it’s something I remember!

I also remember the “What do you want in Blender v(whatever the next one it)” thread. I wonder what happened to it… (Maybe it stopped because we were supposed to be submitting those as feature requests somewhere else, anyway; or maybe it’s still active and I just haven’t noticed it)

Or the requests for features after 2.4 thread. I think it has been going until recently. Though people should just use that thread instead of starting a new one.

I will always fondly recall that magic time when Jane and Allison, the Ledermen twins, both met up with me at midnight outside the–

Wait… was that here? No, that was something else. Excuse me.

-----------------------------------------------------------Personally, I will always remember the great sense of joy I found when I discovered the forum and realized that I wasn’t going to have to figure out Blender all on my lonesome. As well as the nice reception and helpful advice I got when posting my first Blender image. :slight_smile:

I started lurking on the forums as a guest soon after I got Blender in May, then in August I joined as, well, you know the rest.

I did know from the start that there must a community somewhere.

Cyborg Dragon: I meant that the character of Kansas_15 died, I see none of him left in you.

Did you know that I used to be R2Bl3nd/R2Blend before I said so?

Well I have done a good job in not going back there. After all, I was a pretty big jerk who constantly threatened to send people to jail and commit terrorist attacks against Blender users.

I remember that I thought Wu was a she.

She still is.
But she’s… a bit masculine if you catch my drift :wink:

“Best of both worlds”?

A few things I remember:

-BWRAAAAAAARRRRGG!!!, of course.
-trr
-acasto versus (most of) the forum (see thread “A real debate on religion”).
-The (19)42 thread.
-skontar/Timonides’ fake suicide attempt.
-CubeFan973 banned for spamming.
-The “Pooba, eat your heart out!” thread. It may not have been memorable, but it was fun sarcasm.
-tuff_b0x :stuck_out_tongue:

There might be lots of others, but it’s already a nice list.

I remember getting really sad with the fall of the great NaN. :frowning:

“skontar/Timonides’ fake suicide attempt.”
Haha and how he got me to act like I was encouraging him and people thought (maybe still do) that I’m an insane asshole because of it.

Now they know you’re not insane. :slight_smile:

Martin

Mais, bien sûr.

Oh here’s another one, me being a total douchebag in the blender.nl forums because I was like 12.