I’m currently looking for a talented artist (2d+3d) for my new project. I’s a horror themed FPS game created with the Unreal Engine 4. It will be a mix of Doom gameplay and Silent Hill theme, combined with other elements. I’m a Steamworks developer and my current game has just been released to the store: http://store.steampowered.com/app/311190 (don’t mind the cuteness, it has nothing to do with my current project)
My current project is going to be released in increments, to keep the project in a manageable time frame and content will be released in bite sizes. It will feature rogue-like elements, randomly arranged levels, random item drops and a lot of things that will give the game a very long life span. At first, the game will release in open-beta to help creating a community. Later the game will release at a fair indie-price and all future content updates will be free.
What you should bring:
- great experience in 3d modeling for games, rigging, texturing and animation
- great experience in 2d art, digital and non-digital
- knowledge of creating and animating monsters, characters, objects and weapons
- experience in working on a time consuming project like this
- a love for the grotesque, dark, ultra-violence, monsters and horror
- lots of time and motivation to work on an open-end project
- inspiration and your own unique ideas that will enhance the game further
- creating 3d assets for a horror themed game like monsters, level assets like furniture or crazy hell machinery, characters and weapons
- creating textures, a rig and realistic animations for models
- creating 2d art for the HUD and menus of the game
- drawing concept art for monster designs, weapons, characters and levels
What can you expect:
- lots of artistic freedom and easy to handle deadlines
- an initial release date that isn’t too far away (open beta)
- a long, ongoing project with frequent content updates after initial release
- keeping in touch frequently, talking about new and old ideas and concepts
- financial compensation for your work after release (revenue share once the game is out of open-beta)
I consider myself an artist and I have worked with artists before and know how ‘we tick’. I’ve created 4 games so far and lots of mods for other games, so I know what I’m doing. The project is thought out and will be released in multiple steps.
We can discuss further details about the game via email. Think about something like Silent Hill or Dead Space. And Doom.
If you are interested, you can mail me at [email protected]
Thank you very much and see ya