Looking for a pro materials to set properly a map in upbge - demo map for upbge

Hi,

Im working on a game but im really noob with evething related with textures, materials, nodes, lightings, backing and stuff.

Who can help me to make this tesseract map (i have it in .obj) to run fast in upbge and look like in Tesseract it self

Also, if UPBGE team wants to spread its engine, i think it would be time to make some serious official promotional videos. BGE had some reputation as being weak coz many random people just displayed on youtube their crappy assets and game . It’s very important to showcase the capacities of UPBGE with a good clean, neet map like on the picture.

Who wants to try ? PM to get the map in .obj

Tesseract is a fork of the Cube 2: Sauerbraten engine. The goal of Tesseract
is to make mapping more fun by using modern dynamic rendering techniques, so
that you can get instant feedback on lighting changes, not just geometry.

No more long calclight pauses… just plop down the light, move it, change its
color, or do whatever else with it. It all happens in real-time now.

Tesseract removes the static lightmapping system of Sauerbraten and replaces
it with completely dynamic lighting system based on deferred shading and
shadowmapping.

It provides a bunch of new rendering features such as:

• deferred shading
  • omnidirectional point lights using cubemap shadowmaps
  • perspective projection spotlight shadowmaps
  • orthographic projection sunlight using cascaded shadowmaps
  • HDR rendering with tonemapping and bloom
  • real-time diffuse global illumination for sunlight (radiance hints)
  • volumetric lighting
  • transparent shadows
  • screen-space ambient occlusion
  • screen-space reflections and refractions for water and glass (use as many water planes as you want now!)
  • screen-space refractive alpha cubes
  • deferred MSAA, subpixel morphological anti-aliasing (SMAA 1x, T2x, S2x, and 4x), FXAA, and temporal AA
  • runs on both OpenGL Core (3.0+) and legacy (2.0+) contexts

READ MORE : http://tesseract.gg/README

• The Tesseract Rendering Pipeline

This article is a brief overview of the rendering pipeline in Tesseract, an open-source FPS game and level-creation system. It assumes basic knowledge of modern rendering techniques and is meant to point out particular design decisions rather than explain in detail how the renderer works.

• Platform

The Tesseract renderer ideally targets OpenGL 3.0 or greater, using only Core profile functionality and extensions, as its graphics API and using SDL 2.0 as a platform abstraction layer across Windows, Linux, *BSD, and MacOS X. However, it also functions on OpenGL 2.1 where extensions are available to emulate Core profile functionality. Mobile GPUs with OpenGL ES are, at the moment, not targeted. GLSL compatibility is provided across various incompatible versions using a small preprocessor-based prelude of macros abstracting texture access and attribute/interpolant/output specification that would otherwise be incompatible across GLSL versions.

• Motivation

The main design goal of Tesseract is both to support high numbers of dynamically shadowmapped …

READ MORE : http://tesseract.gg/renderer.txt

@lordloki_reloaded @lopas @BluePrintRandom

A rendering system with realtime calculated global lighting effects and also reflection, is actually my goal. I saw the video of the engine you posted and I really like the rendering results. I’m curious to do some experiments with RSM to amplify my current GI, which being in the screen space takes into account only the visible diffuse reflection. At the moment I am on a break, but towards September I will certainly resume to work on sabge. I could gladly use that map as a test ground if you would like to send me it.

PM sent. :exploding_head: now let’s see :slight_smile: