Looking for a teacher

I really don’t want to seem like a fool or a burden, but I am looking for someone who would be willing to help me out with learning 3d modeling. I see all these awesome models, but I can’t figure out how to make my own. I don’t have much money so I can’t offer much payment, and I am 15 so I really can’t go to a college course. If anyone would be willing to help me out please send me a private message.

Bedbugger,

First of all, I am not knowledgeable enough in blender to be your teacher, there might be someone here who is willing to help you…
However, I will recommend you do what I did when I first decided to start 3D modeling. Start with the tutorials offered here and elsewhere on the internet. Many of these tutorials teach basic operations and after you do a few tutorials, you will realize you know how to start modeling some basic shapes.
I bet you see the really cool models and want to start modeling those immediately, but you will have to get there with a lot of time and hard work. It’s like piano, you might hear a great Mozart piece like ‘Ronda Alla Turca’ and want to play that right away, but you first have to start doing scales and beginning with the basics.
The good thing about Blender is many of the tutorials not only teach you basic modeling techniques but by the end of the tutorial you have modeled something pretty cool.

That’s my suggestion.

I watched some of these tutorials to get into it … Super3boy … this is part one … but there are many now and they cover everything you need to get started and more …

Take small steps and learn the basics first … there is a lot to take in …

Below is a link to my way of speed teaching … myself … but I have a lot of years of practice behind me
but the way some of the younger people pick this up … it is unbelievable …
You could try looking at some of these files … I have put them on my site for download …
and they go through some interesting things , but there are many people doing better so look
around … here is my link Projects to get you Interested there are links to other Blender Artists
that are experts in there fields too … so might be worth having a look …

Just check out blendercookie.

+1 for Super3Boy - he’s a kid who sees things from a nice simple perspective.

http://nystic.com/blender.php