Looking for Draw/Paint Program

The problem I am seeing with propriatory software, is that I do not have the freedom to use them the way I wish.

My point in case is Zbrush… I love this application, and I cannot do without it…
But I cannot use it in linux… and to re-install it after a hard disk crash takes an Email from me, and a weekday for them to respond (saturday and sunday you are screwed)

Yet, with my trusty little GIMP, I can have installed anywhere!
If my system fails, i can even run it from a live CD, while linux installs itself.

With Zbrush I am stuck using windows or MAC osx…

guess my point is, dont get too stuck in propriatory software … you may become dependent, and always have to bend to their rules and demands, to be able to make your artwork.

GIMP + Blender gives me lots of freedom about where I use the software, and when, and who I can share it with.

“I’m looking for… program that can draw line art and has the ability to do alpha channels.”
INKSCAPE OF COURSE! do all this and very much more, every element drawing on inkscape can change the value of is alphachanel and blur option, and the default export format is PNG.

“…with more tools and is more precision.” Inkscape have a lot of units for drawing setings, layers, snap options, transform parametrics options, etc…

INKSCAPE IS THE ANSWER, the best vector drawing program of opensource world, I have use Freehand, Corel draw, and I don´t mess this crap with inkscape.