Looking for help creating a rendering/animation of an electric ambulance

Hi There,I am a paramedic in Vancouver BC Canada. My union has recognized the climate crisis and is working to bring electric vehicles to our fleet. I have an idea to create video explaining how an electric ambulance might look and operate, and I thought it would be nice to compliment the video with a rendering / animation of how the ambulance might look. Unfortunately I don’t have a ton of time to dedicate to this aspect of the initiative as we’re preparing our press release for late March. Would be interested in any advice or assistance with this. I have a computer science degree and can probably do a lot of this myself, but I could definitely use some help. I know there are free or cheap assets that could help too. Thanks in advance if you can help or advise at all. David https://betterambulance.wixsite.com/tear/single-post/2017/09/28/TEAR---The-Electric-Ambulance-Resolutions

Continuing the discussion from Looking for help creating a rendering/animation of an electric ambulance:

Good day David,

Concerning your instructional on the electric ambulance,
I’m a 3D generalist specializing in modeling and with experience in motion design looking to build my portfolio. Just let me know what you need and I will get back to you asap.

Regards
Rudolf

Hi Rudolf,

I just wrote Rachel back above. I’m sure happy to have more help with this. I have a number of ideas I would like to demonstrate with animation. Here is the first couple I articulated to Rachel.
"

1. Show that the seats and steering wheel will be heated. I thought for this it might be best to do a cutaway displaying the interior of the ambulance, and then have the seats and steering wheel turning from a blue to red/orange colour. Heated seats is a more efficient way to keep passengers warm than heating the entire cabin.

2. I also want to suggest the e-ambulance should have connectivity with our dispatch centre. Mainly I think the dispatch centre should be able to see what the charge of the ambulance’s battery is. This way the charge of the ambulance can be taken into consideration when dispatching calls. I think this would best be demonstrated by showing a signal being sent from the the ambulances antenna, and the being received at a dispatch building. I have been experimenting using goanimate, and I think much of the dispatch centre scene could be created using goanimate.
    "
    Thoughts?

Thanks so much for showing interest in this initiative.

David

Hi Rudolf,

Please let me know if you’re still interested. I think Rachel is look for a paid job.

I think it will be a good project to help you build your portfolio.

Regards,
David

Hello David,

Yes I do have some time on my hands at the moment I would very much like to help on the project I’m not bothered about payment at all.

Just let me know what you need and I’ll get on it as soon as possible.

Regards

Alright so think I have an idea of what you’re looking for.

We are going to need to decide on the style of the animation, from what you explained I can sort of see a simple 3D stylistic animation with relaxing backtrack and voice-over starting with introduction of the problems we are facing with the current government transportation, maybe some facts about co2 emission and the positive impact the electric ambulances could have in the long run. As the viewer is being introduced to the problem we could have a simple ambulance driving on the street with simple moving lines, arrows, text and highlights to illustrate these problems. Then we could start introducing the solution your company has and swoop into the ambulance and start illustrating the features the ambulance will come with and how much better it will be than the general ambulances we are using.

So If I understand correctly this will probably be under a minute sequence with 2 shots and a narrated voice-over and animated illustrations showing what the narrator is saying. Going from the problem to the solution and maybe ending with what could happen if all government transport were to follow in your companies footsteps.

I’m not sure who your target audience will be yet but that will determine the style of the animation aswell

This could be done using blender and after effects which I’m most familiar with.

I can send you some examples of stylistic corporate animations that are very simple but still look appealing.

If you have in mind a more photorealistic presentation we could do that aswell but it will probably take more time.

Let me know what you have in mind and I can get down to creating a rough storyboard so we can get an idea of what the finished product should look like.

Rudolf

Sounds interesting i came up with an idea a few months ago on how to make an e-motor run non stop, showed one other person my design he liked it but didn’t understand how it worked he just got out of high school. :grin:

I designed it for spaceships because of the way it was made but it can be used on car motors to with a few adjustments

Hi Rudolph,

Thanks for your response. I want to use the video just to explain how the utilization of an electric ambulance might look for BC Emergency Health Services. The video does not need to explain the health benefits of EVs. This has been covered in a previous video and I don’t think there will be time permitted in the video we’re discussing. In addition to the other two things I mentioned above, a couple illustrations of ambulances on a map could be incorporated into the video as well. These videos would compliment a video of a narrator (likely me) explaining how an electric ambulance would be utilized in Vancouver BC. I have already done some animations of ambulances on maps using Keynote, so I can do that part, what I really need help with is the 3d rending of an e-ambulance. I’ll attached two examples of the style of ambulances that could be used. I’d prefer to use the style with a box on the back.

Hello David

I modeled the ambulance according to the reference image.

I think it will be easier if we created a rough storyboard of all the individual shots put together indicating where information should be displayed and how much of the ambulance is visible in the shot, this would make it clearer what needs to be modeled (thinking about the interior)

Otherwise if you have a clear idea of what you want to do just throw it my way and I’ll follow your instructions.

Let me know if there should be any changes and how you would like to proceed from here.

Hi Rudolph,

Thank you for the these renderings. They would suite our needs fine. We just recently heard back from our employer in a seemingly favourable response. We plan on meeting with them in the coming weeks and I think this will give us a clearer idea as to the direction our press release will take. Would it be okay if I got back to you when I have a clearer idea as to how the script for this video might read?

Really appreciate your help,
David

No problem at all I’m not too tied down at the moment. I’ll keep an eye on this thread awaiting your response.

Till then
Rudolf

Great. Thanks again!

I wuld recommend creating a separate topic in a proper place because this one turns to WIP topic.

Hi Rudolf,

I was hoping you might still be available to help with a video I’m working on. I have created a video where I am discussing the electrification of Paramedic Personal Response Units. I am hoping to have a graphic that would illustrate how the charger level of the vehicle (Tesla Model Y in this case) could be transmitted to our emergency dispatchers. Please advise if you’re still able to help. My opening cover shot is pretty lame too if you want to try and spruce that up too! Thanks so much. Here is a link to the video. https://youtu.be/nrKSTrv5BZ8

Dave