Looping or retiming baked fluid animation?

Hey! I have a bit of a head-scratcher which I’ve been unable to solve even with a lot of Googling.

I have a baked fluid animation that now looks 100% how I want it to look, mesh and spray particles have been generated. The fluid simulation runs from frame 0-60. Fluid starts and ends outside the camera. Now what I want to do is repeat this animation a few times during my 300 frame timeline, but try as I might I haven’t been able to find any way to do this.

I’d even be fine making a copy of the fluid domain and being able to move the starting frame if that’s what I need to do, but I don’t want to recalculate the whole fluid animation.

Rendering it out as a image sequence will not work as the camera is dynamic.

Does anyone have any idea how I can accomplish this?

There may be some tips in this video. It’s a little old, but the author demonstrates offsetting fluid cache playback after simulating.

Thank you, that does appear like one way to do it. I managed to solve it myself with another kind of wizardry though. I took a look at the fluid cache and realized everything was named by frame numbers. Then I wrote a script that copies frames into new filenames, so my 0-60 range became a new 0-300 range with multiple copies of the same cache files. This loaded up just fine and now it loops properly, but feels like a real obfuscated way to go by it. Seems like this is something that could be easily keyframable with an update to the fluid system in blender.

Anyone know of new techniques for doing this? For example how to make the end of the fluid simulation morph into the beginning of the sim so that a loop can be made…

Such as the following simulation of fluid in a container illustrated in the attached images. The container is animated and the fluid reacts to its movements. How could the beginning mesh be made to have the same form as the ending mesh?

I tried duplicating the liquid domain and applying the fluid modifier to it trick. I did it to the last frame of the sim so that I would have a mesh that I could use as the initial inflow geometry at the beginning of the sim. But that just makes a new simulation with different start and end forms/meshes.

Thanks for the help.