Looping or retiming baked fluid animation?

Hey! I have a bit of a head-scratcher which I’ve been unable to solve even with a lot of Googling.

I have a baked fluid animation that now looks 100% how I want it to look, mesh and spray particles have been generated. The fluid simulation runs from frame 0-60. Fluid starts and ends outside the camera. Now what I want to do is repeat this animation a few times during my 300 frame timeline, but try as I might I haven’t been able to find any way to do this.

I’d even be fine making a copy of the fluid domain and being able to move the starting frame if that’s what I need to do, but I don’t want to recalculate the whole fluid animation.

Rendering it out as a image sequence will not work as the camera is dynamic.

Does anyone have any idea how I can accomplish this?

There may be some tips in this video. It’s a little old, but the author demonstrates offsetting fluid cache playback after simulating.

Thank you, that does appear like one way to do it. I managed to solve it myself with another kind of wizardry though. I took a look at the fluid cache and realized everything was named by frame numbers. Then I wrote a script that copies frames into new filenames, so my 0-60 range became a new 0-300 range with multiple copies of the same cache files. This loaded up just fine and now it loops properly, but feels like a real obfuscated way to go by it. Seems like this is something that could be easily keyframable with an update to the fluid system in blender.