"Lost" - Character Design

Hello!
This is my first post here. I am focusing on developing my skills to create characters, so I will be posting stuff here.
This one was made entirely on Blender, and rendered with cycles, and eevee for the turntable.

Turntable:

Cheers!

33 Likes

By the way, is there a way to change the post thumbnail in the forum?

1 Like

Topmost image will be your thumbnail.

1 Like

I like what you did with the hair design. Was that your own?

1 Like

Thanks! Yes, the concept is mine. It was a very quick and simple sketch. Here it is:

I made this sculpt as the second exercise from Zacharias Reinhardt course “Mastering Sculpting in Blender”.
She was going to be walking on a swamp like place, with water on her feet, but I changed my mind and made this tentacles coming from behind.

4 Likes

I also purchased that same blender sculpting course. I have not seen the second half yet, because I need to get some sculpting practice. Right now I am trying to learn anatomy. Then I after practicing the anatomy, It’s my goal to sculpt digital characters.

2 Likes

That’s the spirit! Keep on going and learning. And the course helps a lot to learn sculpting approaches in Blender.

Cheers! :slight_smile:

This is great, I agree with humanartist about the hair design, it is interesting concept. It could be interesting to see how other “clay” artists deal with hairs too. Anyway, great character design.

1 Like

this is very nice it looks great
the clothing are so awesome
nice work

1 Like

Thanks, man! :slight_smile:

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re #featured! :tada:

1 Like

Thanks, Bart! I am so glad!! :smiley:

1 Like

Amazing work! Can you provide screenshot of volumetric nodes? It’s really interesting how in clear scene possible to create volume light source in eevee.

1 Like

Thanks! Sure! I will do that and reply here right after. It is quite simple though, and I am also still learning eevee :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

develop your skills ??? 8-o
okay, you can stop here :stuck_out_tongue:
this one is nothin but perfect !!! am stuck !!!
i want it in my scenes :stuck_out_tongue:
really good work !!! congratulations !

1 Like

Here it is. It is quite straight forward, haha. A volumetric scatter node with very low density used in a cube around the main subject, and two area lamps and a spotlight for the flashlight. I don’t think I tweaked with the volumetric settings in the render tab, but I guess you can even get better results if you try. Maybe if you lower the tile size it is going to look sharper…? I don’t know. Have to play around with it too.
I Learned some of this with Zacharias Reinhardt’s videos on youtube. I think he covers the topic in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mxJzQ9Jquk&t=415s
I really like the mood you can create with volumetric light.

1 Like

Thanks!) I appreciate it

Awesome work! Really cool concept!

1 Like

is that how the new 2.80 looks?
lots of stuffs happend

1 Like