lotsa volumetric lights(kinda corny)

(adyus) #1

This is what i cooked in an hour. It’s not much, I don’t even know why I posted it, but today is Blender day for me, so I’ll work and post in Blender all day long. So here it is, my first post of the day.

I dunno if I should put it in the finished section, I think it’s still missing some flares. Flares are my weak point. Is there a rule for placing them relative to the light or something? Comments and suggestions welcome- even required :).

Copy and paste please.

http://www.geocities.com/adyus/adyussmall.jpg

(bmax) #2

errr…maybe its just me, but it tells me its a 404 - à la geocities of course.

(BgDM) #3

Cust and Paste the link. Always for any Geocities link.

adyus - Not too bad. Yeah, a little corny, but hey, who hasn’t posted a corny image here before. I know I have.

As for the flares, I just put them where I think they should go, (i.e. on points where edges meet, sharp corners, etc.).

Keep up the good work.

BgDM

(adyus) #4

hey, thanks for the feedback. i was worried that NOBOdy was gonna write anything. I mean, it was viewed more than 50 times, and no comment. yeah, maybe I shouldn’t have posted it, but it wasn’t for showing, just to get my working morale up a notch.
Thanks for the flares tip. I noticed (is it true?) that the flares’ centers are on a line between the center of the camera and the main light source. true or false?

(S68) #5

Not bad…

1 - You’d get more answers if you’d’nt use GeoCities… many gets worried from having to cut and past those links (me, for example :stuck_out_tongue: )

2 - I assume that’s a iron plate with cut away lettering. If so, how can the inside of A, O etc. stand floating in air???

3 - What does ‘Adyus does Blender’ mean? I thoug that it was Ton who did Blender 8)

Keep it up

Stefano

Ah, yes, for flares you are right, they’re on the line between camera center and flare emitter

(adyus) #6

quick answers b4 going 2 bed:

1. domains are expensive, sorry bout g-cities, know ne1 better?
    2.it’s a FLOATING iron plate, as in space :wink:
    3.kind of like “adyus hits broadway”, meaning i just started using blender
    tnx 4 da feedback

sorry bout the haxor talk, it’s faster