low(ish) poly man MK III (IV?)

and a very slight adjustment to the shoulders to make them less pointy

Attachments

Make his thighs bigger and rounder, same with the calves. Lower the top point of the shoulders, and maybe widen them a bit, smooth out the arm, epscially the forearm, and mess with the shape of the hand a bit, mostly the length of the fingers.

It looks good, but there are still parts that are oddly flat or have odd lumps/trenches. With a little smoothing and a little shape work it could be a winner model.

couple more brief renders

Still working on head (as you can tell)

Toes done.

When the overall mesh is done and I am happy with topology I’ll start making some adjustments to some more of the proportions

Attachments

a few adjustments to shoulders, thighs, calves, forearms, added knuckles

Attachments

forgot to save last edits but fortunately they were only a few minutes work. Redone, rendered and even a (half) turntable view to see front and back

video at:
http://vimeo.com/1195982

Attachments

rendered with a different aspect ratio. He’s turned out a little more chunky there. He’s still the same svelte figure though

have finished his head and given him some fingernails.

Will now make some final adjustments to the mesh and proportions and then I can start rigging him

Attachments

quick renders of face and hands. Bit too close to the face so quite distorted. Will un-mong ends of fingers.

Attachments

Not been doing much with this guy for a week or so due to work, family etc.

Have rigged him now, though still not done face (or eyes, or hair).

Quick animation test just been uploaded to vimeo - apologies about the slightly flaky camera work.

http://vimeo.com/1234563

Looks pretty good. Kind of maybe from African or something. What material are you using for the skin ?

You need to turn of “Private” in the vimeoclip

Not too bad… but study up on your anatomy. Look in the mirror and take some pics… don’t be shy get nude. Just don’t post them on the internet :wink:

yeah please ! dont post them!

lol can you give us(me) a hand tutorial or a link to one?

hands are just extruded with a few loop cuts added then sculpted. The rest was added vertex-by-vertex.

Any specific points about the anatomy? My knowledge of it is very good. Issues will more likely be with modelling or proportions.

another animation test at
http://vimeo.com/1235744

Have returned to rigging this dude to play with my new toy - action constraints. I thought I may as well try to rig him to completion.

So far I have done:

• rigged all limbs and hands with finger curl bones and separate fist clench bone (just a parent to the finger curl bones for each hand so it rotates them all at once)
  • IK controls for arms and legs, elbow and knee targets, fixed issues with wrist control (I had IK’d the hand rather than the forearm). IK target for hand now works as hand/forearm rotator.
  • eyes with gaze bone
  • jaw bone

I still need to do:

• facial shape keys and controls
  • foot roll controller
  • low poly maquette (he’s getting a bit clunky for my laptop with AMD turion 64x2 / 2GB ram / GeForce Go 128MB so he’s probably a little high on subsurfing / polys / bone constraints)

Although there are a few areas where his deformation is a little skewed he generally deforms quite well.

I thought I might try and get him up to ludwig sort of quality (I’m not good enough to do that, but that is the aim) so he can actually be used as an animation resource.

C+C welcome on the current one. In particular

• what controls have others found useful for animation (bear in mind I am new)?
  • does it need anything else?

Attachments

His arms seem a bit short, a good rule of thumb is that your arm span is the same as your height (go ahead, measure it!). Neck seems a bit long too, maybe adjust that and head size?

what does MK mean? i thought it ment Mortal Kombat…lol

the animation needs some work…but its better then i can do

@lilgrudgeboy : ‘mark’ - versioning number for things ( a bit like v0.1, v1.0, web 2.0 etc.). Pre-software. So my first one was Mk I, then Mk II, then Mk III (roman numerals). The animation was just a quick test that took about 15 minutes. It’s pretty crap.

@JCLethargic : you’re probably right (well, definitely). Can’t be bothered just now though. Too preoccupied with rigging. Quick fix is to scale up his arms in pose mode but it’s a bit of a hack.

o ok i dont get it…but i dont really wanna…sounds confussing! lol

ok i thought it was just a sample animation