low poly character

im working on a charcter(lowpoly), that i’m either just going to play around with or make an animation, i still have to make the head, and the hands, and rig it, but i’m quite proud with the trouser material

Attachments

take off subsurf…and Can you post wires. Looks good…But if its low poly…try to set a goal for your self…since its not a game…go like makes of 6-10k verts

Yeah, we need to see the wireframe.

Lilgrudgeboy- i think you were saying basically ‘make it a higher poly’, if i do, can you suggest other details i can put in?
anyway, here are the wires:

also, can anyone suggest a logo i can put on the shirt? and, i forgot i used SSS although the skin still doesn’t look right. render time is 5.41 seconds lol, on render, i have 11393 verts, and 19604 faces

Attachments

i made some hands for my character, and something really wierd has happened:
here is te screenshot of the interface, and the render:

Attachments

you could loose an edgeloop or two on each leg without changing the shape, and I’d add one at least to the pelvis area. Maybe also the stomach. The shoulders are also going to be a pain to animate as they are now, because such a large area of the arms is still attached to it for starters.
I don’t know right now what could be causing the finger issue. The obvious would be to check the normals on your model.

i turned SSS off, and now then hands are fine. here is my next problem:

if you couldn’t see, those are stumps where feet are supposed to go. i never realised how hard it is to model realistic feet, then i thought i could have shoes. those are just as hard. if anyone knows any good tutorials, or would kindly lend a .blend file, that would be great:yes::smiley:
next issue is the head:o

Attachments

decided i’d append feet from another model, look pretty good, tried modeling laces, but its really hard:

Attachments

done a lot more, almost finished.
done the head and eyes, joint the hands, it is now officially high poly.
next: textures on the face.

Attachments

for details in a high poly mesh…Add hair…add folds in the clothing…add detail in the hand, knuckles and face…
Looks like he got smacked in the head with a frying pan…The flat spot in the middle of his forehead looks messed up