Low poly fishing village

I made this scene back in 2015, when I was just starting to figure out how I can create a simple animation by making some model follow a path and of course the wave modifier for the water.
I decided to revisit it because as always I wanted to know how much I progressed when it comes to colors and lighting.

73 Likes

The differences that I can list is:

1.Better model

2.Better lighting

3.Better compositing

4.Better materials

1 Like

i really really like it
nice work !!!

1 Like

Thank youuu!!!

1 Like

Thank you so much xD !! I really love when someone notices what actually changed (even when it’s just the lighting)
Yeah I did another comparison render of a similar project and someone just commented on artstation saying that it took me 4 years to change filters xD

2 Likes

The light and the lood are sooo differents! Keep it up, your work is awesome.

1 Like

You’re #featured! :+1:

2 Likes

Nice work! Curious, how long did it take to render, if you remember, the 2015 and 2019 one. Also, is there a video of it somewhere? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Quite honestly, I really like them both. The 2015 image looks more like a video-game,particularly with regard to the street and the dock. The 2019 image looks more like a physical toy set. I think that you did a fine job with this – then, and now.

1 Like

So cute :hearts:

1 Like

Now this work here requires a round of applause!

1 Like

can you please make a tutorial? in youtube

1 Like

I like this a lot. It’s not something I’ve attempted before and I’m curious about how you got the scale model look.

• Can you this achieve this modelling geometry at full size or does it all have to be scaled down?
  • What camera settings do you advise to?
1 Like

Look up ‘tilt shift’ to learn about the scale model look. It gives a surprisingly ‘unrealistic’ look with a couple simple steps …

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, enjoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much :smiley: xD !!

Thanks!! Not sure how long it took to render each to be honest, but totally different hardware and blender versions so I don’t think it’ll look good comparing the two xD

Yeah the depth of field and the soft shadows give it this miniature look.
it’s not that I always aim, it’s just looks nicer to me xD

1 Like

I love this work, this new version is great!!

this is so beautiful!