lowpoly car

Hi,

I worked on this car (my first one actually) on and off for a week or so now. I know there are some problems with it: some smoothing needed on the front, texture needs a lot more work, … but I thought I’d post it here and get some opinions :smiley:
some info: 3200 tris, a 1024x1024 texture map, lighting setup is default ambient occlusion

http://users.pandora.be/rvoet/gallery/car_wiprender.jpg

wires:

http://users.pandora.be/rvoet/gallery/car_wipwires.jpg

crimson13

This car is cool. There’s nothing I could say you didn’t already stated. It’s funny to see a belgian plate on that car. I’m from belgium too and I thought I was the only one on this community :slight_smile:
Keep it up.

well i believe that the render doesn’t show the real quality of ur work but that’s a beautyful low poly car

hey looking good, the texture seems to be fine (for the decals atleast) you just need to put some shine on the car, maybe put some reflection on it. also, it doesn’t really seem very low poly on the front, it seems like thats how it should be — a very angular design – but around the windows and the spoiler needs more work… keep it up :wink:

It would look better with set smooth, a shinier look and windows that actually look like glass, but it’s good for being low poly.

Its awesome, if your are going to use AO why not turn subsurf on and make it look smooth? Keep up the good work!!

Very nice!since its wip you got some more pics coming up?

It’s autosmoothed. For those of you who don’t know what that is, it measures the angle between the faces, and if that’s less than 30 degrees, it’s smoothed. Otherwise, it’s just straight. I would like to see a subsurf version with shiny windows, headlights, and some CHROME!

/d_m

make it metaly! shiiiiiiiiiiiiny!!

He Belg, hier een Nederlandse buurman, hoe is het met meneertje Dutroux? O hey, sorry, it’s a international forum, never mind 8)

I am building a game with some friends and I also make cars etcetera therefor. That is really a very nice model and a cool overal design.

If its done, it may be cooler to create renders with the comera at a lower position. That gives a nices effect.

Keep up the good work and post a pic when it’s finished.

Sander

wow, thanx for all the replies :smiley:

It’s funny to see a belgian plate on that car. I’m from belgium too and I thought I was the only one on this community

ja, ik ben een rasechte belg uit west-vlaanderen

you just need to put some shine on the car, maybe put some reflection on it

I could easily enable the raytraced reflection, but since it’s low poly I’ll try to add the shine to the texture (though I have no idea if I’ll be successfull)

better with set smooth

like digital_me said autosmooth is on

windows that actually look like glass

hmm, the difficulty is in making them look like glass without having to model the interior :-?

if your are going to use AO why not turn subsurf on and make it look smooth?

well, the AO is just to get a nicer result, but the idea was lowpoly, so subsurf kinda goes against that :wink:
I would also need to change the model a bit as some parts distort when I turn on subsurf

since its wip you got some more pics coming up?

that’s the idea, yes

anyway, here is a smoothed version (you will notice that the windows and part of the front and tires ‘distort’)

crimson13