Lunar Lander DONE

Okay, I am calling this game done. Maybe not fully, since I may add five more levels. I hope you like the surprise music! You can tell what it is in the comments if you want.
I also hope you know that this is NOT meant to be a full game. I meant it to be a fun little thing like the size of an average iPhone game.

¡oƃ noʎ ǝɹǝɥ

It is a blend file, so you won’t have to worry about runtimes and stuff.

odd thing happening. I start it and this immidiately happens, and than blender crashes.

Humm, this was made in 2.48. Maybe you are using a different version?
Edit: Aha! You, my friend, are on Blender 2.46. Most likely. That is what happened to me once I started the game in 2.46.

It’s working great here. Looking good so far. I too hope you finish it someday soon. About the fuel bar, you could add refuel power-ups like the ones in Monkey Lander.

Yeah I am going to make refuel pads. But no need for them in this level.

Cool, my only suggestion is more levels!

looks pretty much like coptercave, but other graphics… www.gameillusion.net

Nice game , i like the simple graphic.

Yeah, this is only a demo.

It reminds me of a really old game u used to play, when youd take a ship though all these weird tunnels in space. It was on commodore 64 i think, or sega. Cant quite remember.

Progress has been absolutely phenominal.
Here is a new screenshot of the menu. It will include surprise music but you will have to download to find out. Oh, and the download link still just leads to the demo. It doesn’t have the music.

Attachments

I like the idea alot. People rarely devote much time to this type of game, in favor of trying to make a huge RPG or FPS.

Good Luck. :slight_smile:

Hey, I had a question. When you guys downloaded the game and played it, were there any sound issues? For instance, I am right now having an issue with sound. Whenever I first start the game, it plays all the sounds I have loaded into Blender as soon as it starts. Does this happen to anyone else?

Nope, it played beautifully. Great work.

Oh, thanks!!! I’m so glad the sound isn’t messed up… :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Edit: Ok, I removed the explosion sound effect because I didn’t like it all that much… May replace it.
I also have the… ~drumroll~ secret music working! Yay… Cough
Edit again: Nah, I don’t like any of the explosions I find. Besides, I kind of like the effect of crashing without an explosion.

Very nice.

Short, simple and to the point (and a great learning tool for others).

I wish more people would make these kind of games rather than “I wanna build a MMORPG”.

Well done!

Thanks Phil!

Hey… does anyone know why the timer property won’t work? Sometimes it does, but other times it doesn’t do anything. In fact, it seems to act completely random. I have it set up so that when I die, it activates the timer property. After the timer is up, it restarts the level. But sometimes it acts too quickly, or not at all. Does this happen to anyone else?

Bump because of update…

Hmm… I don’t see why it would be doing that. Are you activating the timer using a script/logib bricks? If it’s a script, can I see it?