Lunchscript stresslessmodeling

If you use blender than you know that you have to use both of your hands simultaneously to do the modeling,
placing one hand on the keyboard and one hand on the mouse ,it is great for short periods of time ,but if you are someone at work who uses the computer for long periods of time,it can get quit stressful,as it is said " feel the burn" in this cases your hands may " feel the burn"

so id just like to introduce to you a method which i use :slight_smile: which makes modeling for long periods of time less stressful on your hands .:cool:save time save energy!!

Are you ready? it involves using micro softs on screen keyboard
(milk the most out of the cow now!!)

when you use the onscreen keyboard ,instead of using two hands you can use only one hand to do the modeling , just simply point and click . so you can use your right hand for doing the modeling whilst resting your left hand and than alternating periodically

:stuck_out_tongue: plus osk solves some minor issues for example when your using ctrl+rightclick,
normally you have to keep pressing ctrl while clicking but with the osk once you press osk you dont need to keep pressing it you can just click away.inaddition you dont have to keep looking at your keyboard to find keys instead you can look at it on screen.

:cool: so heres a script for convenience, (bear necessities:eyebrowlift2:) which launches the onscreen keyboard from within blender,you can use it to launch other programs too .you can access it by pressing Space>>Add>>Mesh>>Luchscript

Lunchscript

#!BPY
“”"
Name: ‘Luchscript’
Blender: 250
Group: ‘AddMesh’
“”"
import os
fs=os.popen(‘osk.exe’)

Download:http://www.uploading.com/files/9D3BA4CB/Lunchscript.py.htmlsave it to the scripts folder

and if you want to lauch something else

#!BPY
“”"
Name: ‘Launchsomethingelse’
Blender: 250
Group: ‘AddMesh’
“”"
import os
fs=os.popen(‘lauchsomething else.exe’)
I hope this is helpful to someone , feel free to add more codes or ideas:cool:saysomething

Could be useful, thanks. I work on Ubuntu Linux but i think would be super-easy adapting it to work with a linux onscreen keyboard :smiley: