LuxCoreRender v2.5

I have a similar issue with my rtx 2070 super, when preview render is on (gpu Cuda ) the viewport lags a lot , even if I have another normal shaded window up (so 2 split windows one simple shading and one is preview render) the simple shaded viewport lags also.
If I do preview render with cpu I don’t get the issue. Also no issues with cuda cycles.

@CarlG Looks good. Tried to rebuild it in luxCore? @AndreasResch @14AUDDIN I briefly looked at the latest nodes in luxcore and now it should be possible to rebuild most cycles setups with mathnodes. There is also a separate node for triplanar (with bump and normal).

2 Likes

Hey. I don’t use Luxcorerender so I can’t really try it. But isn’t there a Triplanar node in Luxcore already?

1 Like

Interesting, I haven’t realized that yet because of the subject. LOL But yes, there is a triplanar node. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I was just here to check for the status of the Bevel shader. But as that’s not going to be implemented any time soon, I will have to wait.

1 Like

Hi,
A render-time boolean shader would be usefull in architecture (and not only).

Any chance to get scripted osl node working or native alternative to make “render time” booleans ?

1 Like

Is the feature you are talking about something like this?

1 Like

No I haven’t checked out later versions yet. Doing some other stuff.
I didn’t check mine with normal maps, but I assume it could be problematic.
Might need to mess with swizzle coords per projection.

1 Like

More details: https://forums.luxcorerender.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2468

27 Likes

New texture: “Distort”
It is similar to the old Blender “distorted noise” texture, but it can be used to distort an arbitrary texture with another arbitrary texture (it is not limited to only some noise types).

7 Likes

This is a terrible workaround. Even though I work in games and I bake all the time, a big usage of bevel shader is for concept artists/illustration render/archvis/etc, that want to avoid costly production workflows like unwrapping/baking.

2 Likes

oops just an error

Was this meant for me?

Just an error i didn’t click on the blue reply button !
just saw reply and click. It is solve now.

1 Like

Twos New tutorial available :

11 Likes

New v2.5 randomized tile support (normal tiling Vs. randomized tiling):

and per object (or “island”) randomized mapping:

20 Likes

woha the tile system looks great!

is 2.5 stable enough to be used instead of 2.4?
I am mostly curious about optix in 2.5

It’s in alpha, so it should only be used for testing, not serious productions with a deadline.

1 Like

got it!

quick question.

optix on my GTX 1070Ti and Quadro RTX 4000 seems not work - I get an error that it was not found in Lux 2.5

Can you post the exact error ? v2.5 requires Optix v7.1 that has been included only in the very latest NVIDIA drivers.

1 Like