Luxrender addon installation in blender 2.74 (test build)

Well that’s rather weird:

00:00:39.999: LoadLibraryExW("f:\blender foundation\blender\2.74\python\lib\_ctypes.pyd", 0x00000000, LOAD_WITH_ALTERED_SEARCH_PATH) called from "f:\blender foundation\blender\PYTHON34.DLL" at address 0x60ED312D.
00:00:40.046: Loaded "f:\blender foundation\blender\2.74\python\lib\_CTYPES.PYD" at address 0x1D1A0000.  Successfully hooked module.
00:00:40.046: Unloaded "f:\blender foundation\blender\2.74\python\lib\_CTYPES.PYD" at address 0x1D1A0000.
00:00:40.046: LoadLibraryExW("f:\blender foundation\blender\2.74\python\lib\_ctypes.pyd", 0x00000000, LOAD_WITH_ALTERED_SEARCH_PATH) returned NULL. Error: The specified module could not be found (126).

Looks like the DLL is found, then unloaded and loaded again (this time failing). Where did you copy this version of _ctypes.pyd from? I notice it has been missing since Blender 2.73 already. Try copying it from the 2.72a release, it works for me.

Otherwise, I’m out of ideas.

It’s a python error…

What is that even supposed to mean? An error in Python itself? That seems unlikely.

Blender 2.73, 2.73a and 2.74RC are missing _ctypes.pyd in the 32-bit builds. That is quite clearly an error on the side of Blender developers. Earlier versions, as well as 64-bit builds do contain _ctypes.pyd and they work fine.

Copying over the _ctypes.pyd from 2.72a fixes the problem for me and other users on the Luxrender forum. It’s not really the kind of fix you want, it’s a workaround. I can’t rule out that Sayan is copying an unsuitable pyd from a version that’s too old.

Hello once agian BeerBaron,
You are absolutely right. Finally it’s working!!!:eek:
Mistake: I was using the _ctypes.pyd of 2.67.
Solution: Copied the _ctypes.pyd form 2.72a as you advised and it worked fine.

Tons and tons of thanks,
Sayan.

Try pasting this attachment(_ctypes.pyd) in the folder: “\ 2.74 \ python \ lib”.
This file existed in Blender 2.72 32-bit, but it seems that disappeared in version 2.73

Attachments

_ctypes.zip (36.4 KB)

Thanx mano-will but the problem’s solved now. BTW how am I supposed to mark this as solved?

Ah, now I see. I just read the first page. To place as “SOLVED”, just edit your first post. In the edition you’ll see the option :slight_smile:

Good.

Do us a favor and file a bug report that _ctypes.pyd is missing in the 32-bit builds.

Hi BeerBaron,

I have Reported this as a bug at developer.blender.org and here’s the link: https://developer.blender.org/T44023?workflow=create.
Good day,
Sayan.

Anyone knows how to do this workaround in Mac OS?