LuxRender Errors.

I am trying to use LuxRender with Blender 2.49 on Windows. I installed LuxRender and properly pointed it to the scripts folder in the installation wizard.

I downloaded and installed the Windows 64 bit version, for I have Windows 7, 64 bit.
http://www.luxrender.net/v/dl_windows

When I get into Blender, I go to the scripts menu and go to Render>Luxblend and I get the error: “Python script error: check console.”

Apparently I need Python and didn’t have it already so I downloaded the second link on this page:

That one didn’t work, so I tried the first one, and it didn’t work.

This is what the console says:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “(string)”, line 1, in (module)
File “C:\Program Files\Blender.blender\scripts\LuxBlend_0.7.py”, line 69, in (module)
import os
ImportError: No module named os

I’d really like to use LuxRender. What is going on here? Thanks for any help in advance.

Try installing python 2.6.5.

That was closer, when I went to Scripts > Render > LuxBlend it gave me some huge runtime error, I pressed okay on the error, it popped up again, I press okay, then the LuxBlend window popped up. I clicked export and it froze up and gave me a python script error: check console. I am going to try downloading Blender 2.49 32 bit, Python 2.7 32 bit, and Luxrender 32 bit. See if that works.

If you have not signed up at the LuxRender forum, you may want to.

A lot more informed people can help you out with these kinds of problems.