M1A2 Abrams

Hi, here’s my M1A2 Abrams WIP. That’s my second attempt to create this tank, first attempt was year ago but it was a disaster:), I decided that I’ll wait till I’ll gain more experience. I’m quite pleased about this one:).
I would like to rig it after I finish it, can anyone point me a good tutorial about rigging a tank, or can anyone help me with that?

NIICCE. I love those tracks! This video might be helpful: https://vimeo.com/99765642

Thanks I love those tracks too:), my favorite part at this stage:), and thanks for the link but I’m looking for something with a ground detection.

That looks awesome, and the tracks are great! Did you actually wood texture the handles on the .50cal?

Thanks Shipwrec, all materials are just diffuse no texture yet :slight_smile:

You’re welcome! Keep it up. Ahh ok, I don’t do rigging so I can’t help you with that but I’m pretty sure there are a lot of videos for it out there.

Keep adding detail. That tank looks good.

A small update

Your tank’s looking very good, aziu3! Yes, Norvman has a lot of good tutorials. I was going to say he also has a YouTube channel, but I can’t seem to find it anymore.

For additional ideas, you can also find Greg Zaal’s rigged Abrams tank on Blend Swap, and if you want to get really fancy, Heinzelnisse has tank tracks that use soft body physics:

You can find a download link in his description to see how he set them up.

Thanks for the tip, I’ll check it for sure.

Slow but steady progress, only few detail on the tower. Unfortunately I didn’t had enough time at this week. And I made some progress on the rigging:), thanks to you guys:).

This looks amazing!!! Keep us updated on the progress!

slow but steady to finish:), tomorrow I should have completed the tower (I hope). I’m pretty happy with those machine guns:)

Attachments

Nice! It’s really coming together. Great attention to detail on those guns.

Great job!!! like the level of detail you’ve aded to the model…the grills, the tracks…oh maaan!!! everything is great can’t wait to see it textured and animated (if that’s something you have in mind)

nice details, awesome job! keep the updates coming.

Nice modelling man. I am doing another tank and I refer to this. Nice details.

Excellent!

One of the first things I modeled what I started Blender was a HEMTT- the vehicle used to give the tanks their ammo. Because I used to drive one. My model wasn’t as good as yours though. I did most of it from memory:

It’s supposed to look like this:

Attachments

When I started modeling my first time( about a year and a half ago in maya) it didn’t look as good as yours HEMTT. But when I started Blender I made this:

In this project I realized how important details are, although my Caterpillar isn’t as detailed as I wished.

Few more details and tweaks and I think that I’ll finish modeling part of this project.