Mabel in the Wind

Thank you very much. I actually added breathing, it just might not be that visible. My dog isn’t that small, she’s just short legged. She’s almost about as long as a lab though.

I did use exclusively hair dynamics for the fur because I didn’t like the force field effects. That might be due to me often modeling for 3D printing and thus instinctively using 1BE as 1mm. For the simulation it seems to take it as meters and affect the behavior but by the time I noticed it was too late.

I didn’t know about the dynamics being broken in the current version but it might explain things. I spent a lot of time trying out and rendering different settings and put together a list of what change with which setting and mostly played with the mass and air drag settings and later a bit of stiffness.
Stiffness would mainly affect how big the ripples would be, mass how much inertia the jump would put on the fur and the air drag how fast it would move. Curiously I got better looking results with lowering the quality steps to 2 or 3 rather than increasing them.
I found that mass as 0.3, stiffness of 3.0 and air drag of 0.5 worked ok

Very nice animation solutions, and I love the way the dog moves and then waits - very well done!

First off I like this animation overall; especially the ear twitch and focusing on different points off camera.

I’ll second this criticism and say that the neck hair is moving a lot as though it were underwater and long enough to not spring back to its normal position. I wish I know what settings to change in order to help.

There was also a previous criticism regarding the jump off the rock. I think what could make this better would be if the dog crouched more in preparation to jump to give the appearance that it is exerting effort to move its mass. Having the back legs slightly reposition for the jump would help too.

Nice work.

So cute:D loks like real!

Good work! Fur must be more noise.

Very good job, i like it. Would like to see some movie with this dog :wink: