Mac: M3 - *Hardware accelerated RT (Part 1)

I’m not him, but in case it takes him awhile to respond…

https://www.youtube.com/c/RightBrainedTutorials

5 Likes

Thank you Renzatic!

I’ve been planning more Blender focused tutorials, in my next one I will finally tackle camera motion tracking for difficult shots.

4 Likes

Seemed I ask how it’s going with development at a good time, huh! Damn, the day after they announce Cycles for metal might come out in weeks!! Exciting as hell, especially with the Apple event coming next week probably announcing M1X mbp.

Good times!

2 Likes

How will I be able to get past the next 4 days waiting for the Apple show and then till Blender with Metal Cycles is out ? So much pain …

3 Likes

Build a monster scene that you can then use to stress test the metal backend?

8 Likes

I have so many scenes just waiting to be hammered on the fully specced M1X Macbook Pro 16", with Metal GPU rendering in Cycles. I set up an animation for this scene that I can’t wait to try out:

7 Likes

Am I dreaming? Slap me in the face.

Blender Metal Date2

4 Likes

3.0 already got delayed. so 3.1 will move into next year. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was not expecting it for the final 3.0.

Still hoping we get an alpha build with it soonish to try.

November still would not be that bad :slight_smile:

1 Like

They’re looking for testers:

4 Likes

I may be getting greedy here, but Metal backed Eevee would be awesome. :grimacing:

1 Like

jason-apple said:
“we are certainly intending to support Blender as a whole”
It was response on Metal Viewport question.
I agree Eevee Metal is a huge expectation but on the other hand I don’t believe Apple will work on OpenGL or let Vulkan to rule the Metal.

2 Likes

Bwahahah! :grin:

3 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

The Nerd Wars are BACK, yo!

2 Likes

As a PC user that is welcome, hope it also puts a fire under Microsoft a**.

1 Like

I can’t imagine they aren’t working on that as well. OpenGL has been deprecated by Apple (and others are following), so I would assume that EEVEE would be part of the greater plan. It seems that for Mac users Blender 3.1 will be much more interesting than 3.0.

4 Likes

I’m starting to think this too. I can’t see Apple just wanting part of Blender to run well on Macs while letting other parts run through a Molten layer. If they’re jumping on board with engineering help then I assume it’s going to include all aspects of Blender running natively on a mac.

2 Likes

:older_man:

5 Likes

Since we have a few days still until the new Mac unveiling, I figured now would be a good time to talk about my plans this weekend.

What I’m gonna do is order up a load of these stickers, hop in my car, and drive around town, putting them on paper towel dispensers in all the restrooms I come across.

If I don’t post for a few days, it’s because I’ve been arrested.

4 Likes