Mac Os 9 Bittorrent client?

Does somebody know of any Mac Os 9 Bittorrent client aplication? I still use an old machine for Internet (I don´t want my working machines to even touch the Net :wink:

Thank you in advance,
Gustavo Muñoz

Isn’t java available for Mac OS 9 ? If it is, congrats you will then be able to run the best bittorent client. http://azureus.sourceforge.net/

EDIT: Just saw that there’s only an old version of java available for OS 9, not sure it will work.

Theres instructions here for using Bittorrent on OS 9. Seem a bit of a hack but it may work for you.

iSwipe claims to support Bittorrent also.

iswipe is junk, none of my downloads ever started and it has very few features - only basic support for bittorrent it says. For bittorrent, it’s nice to know about tracker/torrent status and stuff. It doesn’t do that and I recall it being unstable. I just tested it out for you and it wouldn’t even download a torrent I was seeding.

I use OS X and I also switched from azureus because it causes a weird crash. If you have any systems with Mac OS X, don’t be afraid of using it on the net. AFAIK there’s nothing out there that does any damage yet. There are still about 60 viruses for OS 9.

Plus, OS X is far better than 9 at handling large file transfers and network activity in general because of the unix base. Anyway, I use Tomato Torrent because azureus was also using too much processor/memory and it was slow at loading and during use. Also, I can use the internet now while getting torrents. That OS 9 hack uses the python implementation so that should be ok.

Azureus was full featured but I got fed up with it. One feature I hated most was it used up the entire space of a torrent before it started. So if I was to download a 1.5GB file, I would have to do without that space until it finished. Tomato Torrent fills as it goes.

>Azureus was full featured but I got fed up with it. One feature I hated most was it used up the entire space of a torrent before it started. So if I was to download a 1.5GB file, I would have to do without that space until it finished.

Never happend for me, my hardisk would be full since longtime because of my current 30gb+ all simpsons seasons torrent I’m downloading. :slight_smile:

Anyway, I don’t think I’m using the latest azureus either, so that might be because of that.

That’s a user option in Azureus. Pre alocation of files limits fragmentation/reallocation of data as the file groes bigger.

Azureus has A LOT of user options and a lot of plugins too (from RSS importer to IRC support, country locator and more).

Martin

Legally downloading Simpson’s episodes of course, right? :wink: You’re brave downloading 30GB at once. I’d be scared of getting stuck at 29GB or so with no seeders left.

Hmmm, I had the “allocate and zero new files on creation” option turned off. Should I have had the “enable incremental file creation” turned on maybe?

I dunno, I still quite like this Tomato Torrent because it’s much snappier. It uses 3 times less Ram than azureus too.

Azureus is also managing to find a way to take down my system at very odd moments. About once a week. I think it might be a Mac/Java thing but I don’t know yet - I heard it was to do with saving files to the same partition as the system. There were a lot of things I preferred about Azureus, though.

Google is great search engine, I’m surprosed you haven’t heard of it :stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=mozclient&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&q=mac+os+9+bittorrent