MACHIN3tools

O my bad, I found it

But still have multiple keymaps maybe it is bacuse of my own keymap which I exported and then Imported back !! :persevere:

Not sure, do a factory reset, then import your keys.

Um, Mr. Machin3… the dev who made the Set Dimensions addon (that is no longer working in 2.93.0) is away at camp, for months, and even when he/she returns there is no guarantee of future development…

Any way you could add Set Dimensions functionality in MACHIN3Tools? This allows one to precisely set the dimensions of any selected verts, edges or faces on the x/y/z in Edit Mode. I personally use this many times a day and truly cannot live without it. Is this possible? It would be an incredible addition to MT!

Hey, @MACHIN3 , any good news about hyper cursor?

Hello MACHIN3 !

I just updated your addon and enjoy it.

But I found a little bug when doing “cursor to face”.
As you see, the cursor is not properly centered like the gizmo is :
Capture

I saw it’s because of the “cursor_to_editmesh” function which uses

average_locations([f.calc_center_median_weighted() for f in faces])

Could you enhance this fonction or maybe just return the gizmo location ?

Thank you,
Seb

Working as intended. If you enable the face dots, you’ll see that the cursor is positioned in the center of all selected face centers.

If you want the cursor centered to the cylinder cap, go into vert mode with the outer verts selected, which is also what the the gizmo does with median pivot point.

1 Like

Replace

new_x = FloatProperty(name="X", min=0, default=1, unit='LENGTH')
    new_y = FloatProperty(name="Y", min=0, default=1, unit='LENGTH')
    new_z = FloatProperty(name="Z", min=0, default=1, unit='LENGTH')

with

new_x: FloatProperty(name="X", min=0, default=1, unit='LENGTH')
    new_y: FloatProperty(name="Y", min=0, default=1, unit='LENGTH')
    new_z: FloatProperty(name="Z", min=0, default=1, unit='LENGTH')
3 Likes

YES!!! Thanks bro!!! You da man!!! : - )

Hi I listed Machin3 tools in https://blenderaxom.com as a free addon. Hope you are ok with it!

1 Like

Sure thing, thanks!

1 Like

Suggesting a Suggestion Sire

1 Like

Good suggestion, done, will be in 0.9.

2 Likes

I miss “import .STL” option in ctrl+s menu. Is there a fast workaround to add it or change .obj or .fbx to .stl?

See MACHIN3tools - #99 by CansecoGPC and the following.

1 Like

Great! Just did it and it actually works! O_O Wow! Magic!!! Thank you very much!!!

1 Like

Hey, Would it be hard to implement an Edge offset cut/copy to the payed version ?

For example.

The current workflow for this is pretty tedious and bevel doesn’t act in a good way on open edges.

Thanks for humoring me once again!

4 Likes

Select faces + I and + K for knife cuts on straight corners

2 Likes

That might work for some shapes but for more intricate subd details it will not.

It’s not trivial, but very possible.

3 Likes

Doesn’t CTRL-SHIFT-R (offset edge slide) replicate exactly the same effect, only symmetrically?