MACHIN3tools

add-ons
(lantern) #183

This is really awesome. I also create a lot of hair mesh. That add-on is very helpful to my work.I will definitely buy it if it is sold.

0 Likes

(MACHIN3) #184

It is sold, it’s pay what you want.

1 Like

(radi0n) #185

Very rarely when I use “Smart face” (4), selected polygons are duplicated but this error appears:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\radi0n\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\MACHIN3tools\operators\smart_face.py”, line 57, in execute
sel.remove(active)
ValueError: list.remove(x): x not in list

0 Likes

(Erekegul) #186

mesh cut bug

0 Likes

(MACHIN3) #187

blend file please.

0 Likes

(Erekegul) #188

meshcutbug.blend (843.6 KB)

0 Likes

(MACHIN3) #189

I need the file just before you do the mesh cut, not after.

0 Likes

(Austin Limanen) #190

It doesnt work on the newest 2.8 update, I made the mistake of updating and lost my old 2.8 zip :c Just thought i’d let you know.

0 Likes

(MACHIN3) #191

Are you talking about MACHIN3tools in general or about the mesh cut tool specifically?

If anything doesn’t work, you should post an error message.
As of right now, I’m not aware of any issues.

In any case, both work for me, with the latest release rBd1cda823e0a8.
I’m gonna push a small update now, to get you all up to date.

0 Likes

(MACHIN3) #192

v0.3.10 is out | Gumroad | BlenderMarket

• redo ClippingToggle tool
    • alow custom min, med and max values
  • Customize tool
    • remap mesh.merge default keymap from Alt + M to M to make room for HardOps’s material menu in edit mode
    • deactivate VIEW3D_MT_edit_mesh_select_mode kmi in the MESH keymap
  • Focus tool
    • fix issue when leaving local view and there’s no history
  • Collections Pie
    • add visibiliy toggles
  • Save Pie - Append Material
    • if DM is present, don’t apply materials to decals
    • fix issue when empties or other unsuported objects are among the selection
    • fix UI list issue due to API change
  • Modes Pie
    • update GroupPro main menu idname
2 Likes

(Austin Limanen) #193

Ah my bad should have described it. I updated one night and if I use the modes pie to change the selection and crashed when I made a selection. I have 0 idea why it works fine now, didn’t update a thing I swore it was an issue with the new blender update. And i’ll be sure to be more descriptive and include error logs next time :slight_smile:

1 Like

(cstfan) #195

I have this problem with Origin to Geometry since 2/3 versions of your very practical add-on. You have to run Origin to Geometry 3 times for it to work, and the object has moved the first time. It’s random, but it happens very often. I hope you can reproduce the problem, and fix it.

0 Likes

(MACHIN3) #196

You are not clicking the right button. Note what is highlighted when you do the click. It’s a weakness of the way pies in Blender work. If you move your mouse more to the center of the 2 buttons at the bottom, you can avoid it.
It could and probably should be reported as a bug.

0 Likes

(Rockingrat) #197

Hi, quick question. How to add Mesh Cut to a shortcut? cuz it can only be found in search bar.

Thanks.

0 Likes

(Austin Limanen) #198

You can search though the key map settings in the addon through the preferences. Im not seeing “mesh cut” anywhere, could it be a function apart of another MACHIN3 addon?

1 Like

(PolyGreen) #199

Hi Machin3, has there been any update on the vertex “surface slide” tool ? I really love this tool when working on sub-d topology. Just a simple example where “surface slide” works so wonderfully:

0 Likes

(cstfan) #200

Ah OK I understand, Thanks. So is it possible for you to change the layout of the buttons to avoid that?
For example, by using the space available at the top of the pie menu to move up Cursor to Grid and Selection to Grid. Thanks again.

0 Likes

(B Layer) #201

Change the layout and potentially impact many others who are used to the way it is…OR…you adjust your aim a bit…? :thinking:

#2, please. :v:

0 Likes

Awesome! I join the request.

MACHIN3
Thank you in advance.

2 Likes

PolyGreen
Tell me please where to get the version for 2.79?
Thank.

0 Likes