MACHIN3tools

Hello Machin3tools. Can yuo help me how to customize the workspaces pie. I know you mentioned it to edit it if we want to use, but i have no idea how to do it. i dont know scripting!

Secondly, in the shading pie, if i select ulta evee mode, it is not enabling volumetric lighting. I checked the world settings and it only connects a gray color node to world output and not the volumetrics.

Great and useful suggestion, fun to build too!

I won’t release a new version, a day after the previous release, but I’ve added it on github. Please check it out.

Like the min/max alignment, it works in local space by default, and in world space with ALT pressed.

1 Like

MACHIN3tools started out exactly the same, just a couple of separate simple scripts. I’d suggest you just keep working with python. Things will come together for you rather quickly.

Yes, this is the built in mechanic of pies, which then also allows them to be used with super quick swipes/motions. I admit it would be nice to optionally keep them open, perhaps with special keypress, but there’s nothing I can do about it as far as I can tell.
There is another menu type that stays open, but it doen’t allow the swiping motions.

Edit MACHIN3tools/ui/pies.py at the very bottom.

There is not much to it, exchange the name at the end for your workspace names. Change the text parts too, as they are what’s actualy displayed on the pie buttons.

You can comment out lines with a # symbol. You can use the placeholder pie.separator(), and you definitely should do that if you have empty parts in the pie, as otherwise the other buttons won’t be placed properly.

You should have exactly 8 pie.somethings, not more.

If you are on windows, don’t use Notepad to edit these files. Use something better.
In your edior don’t use tabs, use spaces.

Ultra, only enables eevee volumetic lighting and makes eevee use the selected world, it doesn’t setup the world volumetrics for you.
volumetric_lighting

You need to do the setup yourself, like so.

I could actually do that easily automatically though, if there is no existing volume node connected.

3 Likes

Nice! The alignment pie is probably my second most used part of Machin3tools. Reminds me a lot of Etereas Super Aligners script in Modo that was based off of Seneca’s “move to furthest” pie.

If I were to make one suggestion for the aligners in M3tools, I would love to see them become based on the direction of viewport in relation to the object - so X min, Y Max, Z center, etc. simply becomes Up/Down/Left/Right and the rest is determined under the hood. It removes a layer of abstraction and makes the tool easier to use when it’s based on what you see and a corresponding Up/Down/Left/Right gesture vs. having to think about what axis you’re looking at.

Here’s the tool I’m referring to from Modo for reference: https://community.foundry.com/discuss/topic/53573

2 Likes

Thanks for explaining. I did it. :smiley:

1 Like

What do you think about adding the Snap To menu to the Transform Pie?

And in a panel that allows multiple selections until rolling out?

1 Like

You can check this one interactionOps [iOps]

2 Likes

Oh, nice!

Do you have the new transform ‘Affect Origin Only’ in there?

Yes,

1 Like

Snapping will get its own pie.

1 Like

Thanks @TitusLVR, I’ll have a play.

Will keep an eye for your Snapping Pie @MACHIN3. Thanks

Can the Transform Pie only be called in Edit Mode?

(This is how it works for me)

transformpie

It’s a 3D View keymap item, so yes, by default it works in edit mode as well.

Sorry, should have specified - it only works in Edit Mode for me

EDIT:
Must be a keyboard conflict because I changed from ‘ALT 1’ to ‘SHIFT Numpad .’ and the Transform Pie can be called in Object Mode

The Custom Orientation works really nicely in your Transform Pie.

On a side note - keymapping ‘D’ to Affect Origin Only works well

Great updates!!!
Much appreciated!

re: Shift + S (Cursor and Origin Pie)
Since Snap Cursor to Selected got some MACHIN3 love (the orientation is now respected), is it possible to have Object Origin > to Cursor respect orientation of 3D Cursor?

2 Likes

Definitely possible and is on my list.

2 Likes

Wouaw I just discovered your addon, this is pure awesomeness.
I can’t imagine the work behind the scene.

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

• 1 for the Object Origin > to Cursor :innocent:
1 Like

I estimate around 70-80 work days.

2 Likes