MACHIN3tools

Attachment in email / gumroad leads to a jpeg :thinking:

It’s all in a single operator now, called machin3.mesh_mode, which expects the mode peing passed in.

For instance, in PieModes I have this now:

pie.operator("machin3.mesh_mode", text="Vertex", icon_value=get_icon('vertex')).mode = 'VERT'
pie.operator("machin3.mesh_mode", text="Face", icon_value=get_icon('face')).mode = 'FACE'
pie.operator("machin3.mesh_mode", text="Edge", icon_value=get_icon('edge')).mode = 'EDGE'
1 Like

Download from gumroad.

Hello,
latest version, got this when trying to add Quadsphere in edit mode

And question about align Straighten: how to straighten with equalizing between start and end points, the same for uv?

Place this file in MACHIN3tools/operators.
quadsphere.py (1.7 KB)

how to straighten with equalizing between start and end points

Not supported.

the same for uv?

There is no UV straighten tool in MACHIN3tools

2 Likes

Hi,

I’m occasionally getting an error when trying to move a selection to a new collection. Happened in 2.82 and in 2.83 too.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\Joe\OneDrive\Bureau\Blender\blender-2.83.0-windows64\2.83\scripts\addons\MACHIN3tools\ui\operators\collections.py”, line 116, in execute
bpy.ops.object.move_to_collection(‘INVOKE_DEFAULT’)
File “C:\Users\Joe\OneDrive\Bureau\Blender\blender-2.83.0-windows64\2.83\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py”, line 199, in call
ret = op_call(self.idname_py(), C_dict, kw, C_exec, C_undo)
RuntimeError: Operator bpy.ops.object.move_to_collection.poll() failed, context is incorrect

If I work on the proj some more and try with the same selection later it then works sometimes so I’m not sure what’s wrong.

Blender doesn’t allow moving objects when in local view (using object.move_to_collection()) for some reason, even though it works perfectly fine in the outliner, and probably using a custom op. I haven’t gotten around to build that yet though.

1 Like

Hi man, when I try to download the latest version on gumroad
only a .jpeg shows up (?)

You’re looking at the attachments of the last product update, probably clicked View Attachments from the email. Go to your library and click VIew content for the actual product. Gumroad’s web interface for product updates is pretty horrible right now since it has no direct link to the product in your library.

2 Likes

thanks for pointing this out. Cheers,

has there been any update regarding the “surface slide” tool ? Personally its still my favorite tool of yours and one of the biggest losses when transitioning from 2.79 to 2.8+