MACHIN3tools

Well, the Ultra preset turns on volumetrics. So when I added this people were wondering why nothing happened: Without a volumne node(default), there are no volumetrics.

So then I auto-added that node if none was connected to the world shader. Just something to be aware of I guess. Check out the tooltip!

Thanks for the video!

1 Like

Thanks for the awsome addon and for improving my workflow @MACHIN3!

Coming from Max, I was wondering, could you add shortcuts support in the keymap for each of the edit mode align options? I would like to set up hotkeys for aligning in XYZ with Alt+X/Y/Z like it is done in Max. And I am also thinking about mapping the view specific align modes if you would like to add those as well.

Perhaps I glimpsed over this, but is there a way to update the addon to a newer version without affecting my customisations to the keymap?

In theory you can setup keymaps for these in Blender’s keymap editor. But the edit mesh alignment tool is really made to be used from the pie menu. The tool will check if ALT or CTRL are pressed, and from that determine if it should align in world or cursor space (or local if none are pressed).
So if you setup an ALT + X keymap, it will always align in world space, even if you pass in local or cursor space via the keymap.

I feel like the pie is also much more convenient, as it takes up only a single keymap, vs up to 9, if you want to cover all alignement approaches.

Perhaps I glimpsed over this, but is there a way to update the addon to a newer version without affecting my customisations to the keymap?

The best installation method is doing it manually. Remove the existing addon folder, extract the zip and move the new folder where the old one was. This will keep all your preferences as they were.

2 Likes

Because I still use Max from time to time, I would personally prefer the world XYZ alignment hotkeys, in order to have most of the basic functions on the same keys across the two programs. Would you mind sharing the command names to input in my custom keymap, if that’s possible?

Notes:

1. I had to disable my symmetrize keymaps, as I use ALT + X/YZ for them
  2. I set the world orientation, but as mentioned before, this will be done for any ALT keymap item anyway.
1 Like

Perfect :ok_hand:
Thank you for the clear explanation!

Heya! I can’t figure out what the Apply or Select tools do, and I can’t find any documentation about them anywhere. I’m not even sure where to look but it hasn’t been the right place yet. Thanks!

Hi

The apply is described on the general panel: apply transformations while keeping the bevel width as well as the child transformations unchanged

Selection helpers in its custom menu, you need to activate its Menus option

Hi ! Is there anyway to use the same blender theme you use for your video demonstrations?
I like the look of yours better than blender theme.

Under the machin3tools addon preferences, you can check the buttons for customising various Blender settings, including the theme. You can then press the customise button for the changes to take effect. Be sure to save/ backup your settings in case you want to revert back.

It is in machn3tools

2 Likes

Heya machin3 Loving all your tools they make modelling inside blender so much better I have an idea that could benefit us all. In front option for curves inside shading menu would help alot of selecting curves that are controlling mesh deformations

1 Like

Made a note. Not sure why it’s not in there already. Gues I don’t use WIreframe mode a lot.

1 Like

@MACHIN3 I would like to ask, can “Cleanup tool” work with selection only? I couldn’t find such an option.

“Ignore mirrors” is really cool feature in Focus tool! :+1: I’ve noticed that the tool zoom in and out in Object Mode as described. However in Edit Mode it doesn’t zoom out (show everything) if nothing is selected. Can this be fixed?

v0.5 is out | Gumroad | BlenderMarket

Changelog

• add MaterialPicker tool
    • accessed from the Shading/Material workspace
  • add SurfaceSlide tool
    • accessed from the Modes pie
  • rebuild SmartVert Slide Extend mode
    • support multi target sliding
      • this requires making a distinction between how the selection is made
        • make a manual selection of each vert, then every second vert will be a target for the previous one
        • to use a single target for multiple verts, use box or circle select, followed by selecting the active vert target
    • support snapping (to edges of all edit mode objects) using CTRL
    • support diverged snapping using CTRL + ALT
    • draw proximity and ortho coords
    • dissolve edges if necessary
    • add statusbar info
    • make it more responsive and take mouse direction into account to control the slide
    • improve performance significantly on heavy meshes
    • stop taking mouse inputs when passing through to adjust viewport using MMB
  • Mirror tool
    • support mirroring across cursor
  • Unmirror tool
    • remove empties created when mirrored across cursor
  • Focus tool
    • add inverted local view mode, mapped to CTRL + ALT + F by default
      • focus on the inverted selection
    • ViewSelected mode
      • treat no selection in edit mode like no selection in object mode: focus on everything
  • ClippingToggle tool
    • add fading HUD
    • use 0.01 as the default value for MEDIUM (same as Blender default)
  • Customize tool
    • deactivate transform.translate SHIFT + T (texture space) keymap
  • Cursor/Origin pie menu
    • add SelectedToCursor tool
      • like all custom tools in the Cursor/Origin pie, supports aligning location and rotation or only either one
    • add OriginToCursor tool
      • like all custom tools in the Cursor/Origin pie, supports aligning location and rotation or only either one
    • CursorToOrigin tool
      • support resetting only location ALT or only rotation CTRL to world origin
    • by default disable Cursor to Grid and Snap to Grid
      • can be re-enabled prefs
    • CursorToSelected, CursorToOrigin
      • optinally toggle cursor axes drawing, can be disabled in prefs
      • optionally set/reset cursor transform preset, can be disabled in prefs
    • move CursorToSelected down to the left, and CursorToOrigin to the top left instead
    • fix edge alignment issue in CursorToSelected and OriginToActive
  • Views pie - Custom Views
    • toggle object or cursor axes, can be disabled in prefs
  • Modes Pie
    • support syncing tools, can be disabled in prefs
  • Save pie
    • LoadMostRecent, LoadPrevious, LoadNextm Save and SaveIncremental tools
      • add statusbar output
  • Shading Pie
    • add ‘in front’ object display option when in wireframe shading
  • Tools Pie
    • add fading HUD
23 Likes

Thank you so much for this kind of tool.

3 Likes

Hi,

I changed the hotkey of Focus:Local View to Alt+Z and Ctrl+Alt+Z, and the two functions seem to be confused.

im so excited for the return of SurfaceSlide ! :crazy_face: :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Line tool is not working for some reason. Not sure if it’s my blender setup or addon. Is there a way to check what is going on?

Awsome update as always, looking forward to the documentation for the new features!
A (very) small note, not sure whether to report the issue here or at HOps end, the material picker moves the HOps icon across the toolbar as well.