MACHIN3tools

Oh I see, that’s a batch ops feature that I have just integrated. I don’t have it installed right now, so can’t help you out atm.

I’m not getting that in my build, so it looks like it’s fixed already, but unreleased.

Is it possible to use Align Pies with multiple objects in edit mode? I’m using 0.8.0.DeusEx

2 Likes

Not right now.

1 Like

Hi, I’m a new user of MACHIN3tools. Thank you for your addon!
Is this the right place for reporting issues?
I have noticed that Align Object to Edge from Align pie menu does not create an entry in the history. So after I use Align Object to Edge then I press Ctrl + Z but I can not undo this action. Is it expected behavior?

It’s an edit mode tool doing an object mode change. Blender doesn’t like that too much as it has separate undos for each mode. You should still be able to undo this, just hit undo a few more times.

You are right, it is possible to undo it, but it is a bit tricky.

This gave me a cue to try to switch to Object mode before undoing and it did work. If you stay in Edit mode after Align Object to Edge applied looks like Ctrl + Z will not revert change no matter how many undos you try.

Time for a summer sale, get 25% off of all my addons!

Gumroad: MACHIN3tools, DECALmachine, MESHmachine

Blender Market: starts tomorrow here.

Thanks for your support, much appreciated!

4 Likes

What are these custom views or how do they work? On one of the videos there was mention that you could do rotate around selected pref dynamically only in object mode. I wonder if that feature still is there?

After update od DeusEx version my save pie looks like this:

no World and Materials buttons, No save incremental…
i use latest 2.93

You can use Local or Cursor space based views, instead of world space views.

i’ve removed it.

You know better than that @ how to report issues.

edit: Turns out if you disable Blender native export ops, that the Pie expects to be there, it won’t work.

Is the HyperCursor part of some of your packages or is it still under developement?

7 Likes

New addon, still evolving.

5 Likes

Wow!! I want this addon so badly!

1 Like

About Shading Pie Mneu Item - Toggle Wireframe overlay ;
Which When;
cond1; Nothing is Selected, It Toggles Wireframe Overlay on/off
cond2; If one or more object is selected, it toggles Wireframe overlay of Selected Only,
But If cond1 is active(wireframe is ON) and we execute cond2, then It should Only Show wirefram of selected and turn unselected Off.
#Feature Req.

Just wanted to say thanks. I really enjoy the “Groups” functionality in Machin3tools. It’s a life saver actually. Collections are great, but in some places are lacking. Just wish there was a toggle I could turn on so single clicking an object in the viewport selects the entire collection it belongs to, and a double click selects only what’s under the cursor, or something like that. I’d settle for the single click since I don’t put objects in multiple collections.

Anyway, thanks again!! Really shouldn’t need an addon for something so basic.

2 Likes

As we can shift mouse scroll and ctrl shift mouse scroll to grow selection in edit mode, I wonder what if we can shift alt mouse scroll to grow object selection under that collection. Could that be a helpful feature ! ?

I recommend GroupPro.

@MACHIN3 this is not exactly a question about MACHIN3tools but I know the add-on has some similar functionality to what I’m looking for (Slide Extend).

I often find myself in a situation where I would like to extend a face but keep it’s direction the same. Does anyone know if this is possible in any way currently in blender? @MACHIN3 do you think this would be a useful feature in any of your add-ons - I think you’ve done a lot of work that is related so that’s why I ask here.