MACHIN3tools

add-ons

(MACHIN3) #101

Your collada import and export will work, if you use “collada_import” and “collada_export” accordingly. Check the file menu and hover over the import/export entry. Make sure to have the python tool tips enabled in prefs.

You will love Blender’s python API, it’s great.

(Canseco Gpc) #102

It doesn’t work like that, but it does with “wm.collada_import” and “wm.collada_export”.
Didn’t have python tool tips enabled, so that helped to find the problem, thanks.

(staughost) #103

Hey trying out your addon and I’ve got these error, not sure what it means so I am posting it here anyone could help me resolve it.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Vladimir\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\MACHIN3tools\operators\smart_vert.py", line 70, in execute
    self.smart_vert(context)
  File "C:\Users\Vladimir\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\MACHIN3tools\operators\smart_vert.py", line 80, in smart_vert
    self.slide(context)
  File "C:\Users\Vladimir\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\MACHIN3tools\operators\smart_vert.py", line 193, in slide
    old_orientation = context.scene.transform_orientation
AttributeError: 'Scene' object has no attribute 'transform_orientation'

Forgot to add, it happens when I try to activate slide extend

(MACHIN3) #104

See https://twitter.com/machin3io/status/1081389364247228416

(staughost) #105

Saw it. Thank you :slight_smile:

(Giakaama) #106

Downloaded Latest Beta 2.8 right now. I’ve tried to install Machine Tools, got an error .

(Peetie) #107

That happens sometimes when you just uninstalled a version and installed a newer one without restarting Blender. To get rid of this is to delete all version, close blender fully and then install latest version.

(Giakaama) #108

Yep, Thx, that worked :slight_smile: .

(MACHIN3) #109

v0.3.5 is out | Gumroad | BlenderMarket

• Shading Pie
    • fix template icon scaling issue due to recent change in template_icon_view()
  • Modes Pie
    • add GroupPro Pie button, if it’s installed
    • add mode switch buttons for TEXTURE_PAINT, WEIGHT_PAINT, VERTEX_PAINT and SCULPT for MESH objects
    • add support for CURVE, FONT, SURFACE, META, LATTICE object types
    • add GPENCIL support
    • move Occlude/PassThrough button to the bottom left
    • fix issue where cavity was enabled when leaving edit mode, even if it was turned off before entering edit mode
  • Save Pie
    • fix issue when appending ALL materials
  • Smart Vert
    • rebuild Slide Extend
  • Mirror
    • support single object mirroring and expose bisect and flip settings in that case
    • support mirroring Decals (for the upcoming DECALmachine 1.8 release)
  • Customize
    • update preference customization according to latest API and layout changes
    • overlay: set vertex_opacity = 1
  • tweak theme

(PolyGreen) #110

thanks for the update @MACHIN3 :slight_smile: Are there plans to port the “move vert on surface normal” tool to 2.8 ?

(Ben H) #111

When in pose mode, pressing ‘tab’ for the radial menu does not present any options. Do I have a setting wrong or is this a bug?

(MACHIN3) #112

That’s a bug, thanks for bringing it up. Please update.

v0.3.5a is out | Gumroad | BlenderMarket

• Modes Pie
    • fix issue in pose and edit armature modes

(MACHIN3) #113

Do you mean Suface Slide? I may redo it. I haven’t ended up using it much, if at all. Do you have a need for it?

(PolyGreen) #114

yes “Surface Slide” indeed! :slight_smile: I I really love this tool since I see it as an evolution of the native “edge slide” tool. I do allot of sub-d hardsurface modeling and often I need to manually re-adjust verts and the “surface slide” gives much more versatility than the “edge slide”. One of the reasons im still using Blender 2.79 :sunglasses:

(MACHIN3) #115

Ok, I’ll take a look at it for the next release.

(z01ks) #116

Would it be possible to make it so that if we select everything and hit Wire Toggle, it would turn it off for everything and next time turn it on again? Right now if some objects have Wire on and some off, Wire Toggle will just invert those. This is not a biggie obviously, since we can also Toggle Overlays etc. Just mentioning :slight_smile:

(MACHIN3) #117

Are you aware, that you can toggle the wire overlay, by not selecting any object?
That still won’t turn off an object’s wire, if it has been enabled on the object level, but it’s the recommended method to use if you want to toggle wires globally. The icon will turn blue as well, to highlight that wire overlays are enabled.

(Георгий Дэватон) #119

How to assign a hot key to a function “Occlude” ?

(Zimlorog) #120

I can’t seem to see a difference between the regular X-ray, and Machin3’s, but this is what I use:

(MACHIN3) #121

Occlude/Passthrough is focused on edit mode and replicates the use_occlude_geometry prop from 2.79.

Specifically, it makes sure the xray_alpha value is 1 for MESH type objects.
Furthermore, if you leave edit mode using the modes pie, Passthrough(Xray) will be disabled automatically.
Finally, if you are in top/front/side orthographic view, it may not be obvious if xray is enabled or disabled, due to perfect alignment of front and backfacing geometry.
That’s why, I’ve introduced the 2 names for the 2 states, and the button will reflect the current state accordingly.

Since this is only a property, not an operator, you can’t keymap it right now. You’d have to create the operator yourself. Either as a part of MACHIN3tools or as an extra addon.

If all you want is a plain xray toggle, do what @Zimlorog suggests.