MACHIN3tools

ok, I will try.

v0.3.6 is out | Gumroad | BlenderMarket

• add UnMirror
    • removes last mirror mod in the stack of the selected objects, works on mirrored Group Pro collections as well
  • add Object Specials menu
    • includes only UnMirror for now
  • Shading Pie
    • support object coloring
    • add Colorize from Active
    • add Colorize from Materials
  • Align Pie
    • fix issue due to Blender API change
    • add CursorToOrigin op
      • unlike view3d.snap_cursor_to_center(), CursorToOrigin also resets the cursor rotation
  • Modes Pie
    • improve Group Pro integration
  • Focus
    • add alternative Local View mode, performs better in heavy scenes
  • Mirror
    • support mirroring Group Pro collections, incl. with Decals
  • Align
    • support dropping empties to the floor
  • Customize
    • fix miror keymap issue with selection tool
    • fix issue with HEADER postion due to API change
6 Likes

https://twitter.com/machin3io/status/1096135998721929224

https://twitter.com/machin3io/status/1096138424417959937

8 Likes

First of all, this tool is just awesome, cant wait for Meshmachine to make a debut on 2.8ā€¦Now the dumb question, I cant find the materials nor the world or anything to append in any folderā€¦I might missed something somewhereā€¦Can you point me in the right direction please!!!

1 Like

I agree, Meshmachine for 2.8 is going to be awesome. Its my most anticipated port for a 2.8 add-on for sure.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure I understand. Can you clarify your question? Pick the path to any blend that holds materials or a world you want to append.

You use a red, chrome, metallic material and some world to preview the model, I dont know if thats something you share in the addon, or some external settings you made outside!!! That??

Itā€™s not shared in the addon. In the intro video I show how to point MACHIN3tools to a blend file, where I store materials and a world. Point it to your own to append your own premade materials and world.

Yeah, I thought soā€¦As I said aboveā€¦dumb question!!! Thanks for the reply!!!

Hey, Iā€™m having some issues with addon instalation in recent blender 2.8 versions

I just started using this addon last night and I already canā€™t imagine not using it.

A bug to report, or maybe my lack of understanding, but in the Viewport pie menu (PageDn), when I change the camera focal length, it doesnā€™t change anything. The camera in the scene is different.

Oops, I just realised that itā€™s the viewport camera angle. Would it be possible to add the option to change the active cameraā€™s focal length?

1 Like

Constant Blender API changes are constantly breaking things. Will be fixed in the next update, thanks for reporting it.

Great idea, Iā€™ll make the lens angle and the ortho perspective/button change camera props, when the view is aligned to a cam!

2 Likes

Thanks. Just be aware, that some users (me, for example, lol) also use the Photographer Addon so Iā€™m not sure if this will affect your update, or if theyā€™ll conflict in some way.

v0.3.7 is out | Gumroad | BlenderMarket

• add Collections Pie
    • mapped to shift + C
    • add to, remove from, move to and create new and purge empty collections
    • select a collectionā€™s objects and with SHIFT select all a collectionā€™s objects
    • with ALT subtract a collectionā€™s objects from selection, with SHIFT + ALT do the same for all objects of a collection
    • with CTRL disable viewport selection of a collectionā€™s objects(but not the collection itself)
    • GroupPro, BatchOps and DECALmachine integration
  • add ApplyTransformations tool (specials menu)
    • apply Scale and/or Rotation of selected ojects, while keeping Child transformations and Bevel width values intact
  • add SelectCenterObjects tool (specials menu)
    • first of potentially more selection tools
    • selects objects if their bounding box crosses both sides of the chosen axis
  • Views and Cams Pie
    • make Orthographic/Perspective button and lens prop context sensitive: adjust camera if view is aligned with one
  • Shading Pie
    • Colorize Objects based on Collection membership
    • add wireframe_color_type selection
  • Customize
    • map F key to focus on active in outliner
    • disable SHIFT + X object mode delete keymap item
    • fix keymap + use_save_prompt issues due to API changes
  • Align Pie
    • fix CursorToOrigin issues due to API changes
  • Modes Pie
    • remember pass_through and show_edit_mesh_wire states when leaving edit mode
    • re-enable xray shading accordingly the next time entering edit mode
    • support loading external blends of linked instance collections in subprocess
  • Focus
    • for local view, use frame_selected=False
  • Save Pie
    • add incremental save path to recent files list
  • SmartVert
    • add execute() to allow for redoing/tool properties to work
9 Likes

Machine3,

maybe to add origin to selected in edit mode :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would love a ā€œorigin to selectionā€ option. One of my favorite scripts for 3ds Max was a pivot to selection where it would just place the pivot in the center of whatever selection I had (whether one object selected or various subobjects)

1 Like

YES! ā€œorigin to selectionā€ ! Please MACHIN3!
And also object origin to bounding box(top, bottom ectā€¦). This option is very usefull for me when i creating stuff for KitOps.

Thanks for the suggestions, I agree, these are useful.

2 Likes

Also it would be nice if You put option to reset the location / rotation of 3D Cursor.
I love all Your pie menus (and theme) but for Cursor pie menu i use power_snapping_pies addon.

toorigin

3 Likes