Macro facial renders (100% Blender)

Yes I definitely emphasized anatomy, pointing it out throughout the videos. Also as a result of my anatomy study in preparation for the course I built a layered anatomical reference model that’s included with the course.

2 Likes

@3DArtGuy I still need to test the files with 3.0. I kinda think it’s a bigger problem with Blender if 3.0 messes up .blends built with previous versions…Blender has always been remarkably backward-compatible.

@Pedro_Santos Haha I appreciate the sentiment! Although to me it feels like it is tomorrow :sweat_smile: Still things left to do but I’ll definitely make the deadline.

@MI65 Thank you :pray:

@bartv Thanks for the features!

@harmony90 Thanks!

@amirkh195 Thank you!

@cyanogenmod Cheers and thank you :slight_smile:

@Blenderer Thank so much!

4 Likes

This is amazing work! Attention to detail is impeccable! Do you go over wrinkle and tension maps in your course? Thanks, Jon

2 Likes

Phenomenal result! :ok_hand:
Always a few steps ahead of the rest, right? :slight_smile:
Super!!!

1 Like

@Arta Thank you! The course doesn’t cover animation; static portrait only. So I do teach wrinkles and pore sculpting but no tension maps.

That said, this kind of head model could definitely be used for animation. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t hope to collaborate with Wayne Dixon in the future for a realistic rigging course!

@MxD Thank you! I hope to be a lot fewer steps ahead once the course is available :slight_smile:

3 Likes

BlockquoteIt’s useful to know that 3.0 could mess up some things about the files / content. I’ll need to address that if it persists…

For fun, I did a side by side test of Abe in 2.93 and the 12 Nov 3.0 Beta. The lighting differs, and possibly the hair shader looks different (though it may be the lighting), but otherwise, there don’t seem to be any catastrophic failures.

And I pre-ordered as soon as I saw your OP. I simply must learn the shaders.

5 Likes

impossible

1 Like

Woah he looks 10 years older! That could be a tweak to color ramps, the hair info node, hair bsdf…yikes, that’s more different than I expected. Looks like I’ll definitely have to follow up the course with a 3.0 video :sweat_smile:

Thanks for sharing this test @Roken!

1 Like

Just adjusting the ColorRamps on the hair shaders to darken it off a touch brings it closer.

1 Like

Y’know, I’m up to the ears now, and haven’t even fired blender up. I’m in awe at your sculpting (something I haven’t done), and will probably start from the first video again and give it a go.

I also cocked up - I hadn’t realised that the anatomic model was included, and so I bought it again. C’est la vie.

Brilliant work

1 Like

I’m so glad to hear you’re taking your time through it! I know you can handle the sculpting. Please report back your progress :slight_smile:

I’m sure we can get you a refund on your anAtomic purchase. Just submit a support ticket and we’ll get it sorted

Thank you, Piter!

1 Like

Nah - I’m not complaining. I’m in awe of the course as it is. Watching it through, start to finish. Second time I’ll join in :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well that’s very generous of you! I really appreciate your support, Roken :pray::pray:

Now after making it to C01/07, so still the very beginning, I’d also like to drop my 5 cents. I want to say that I am mightily impressed so far. I was slightly hestitant at first to buy the course, as there are some comprehensive free tutorials out on YT, which are already past my skill level. However, your methodological and geometrical approach to the anatomy, and your formidable knowledge thereof resonates very well with the way I can learn best. So far I have been just watching, and it already was well worth my time and money. Great work!

2 Likes

This is absolutely stunning! :astonished:

This is creepy real! Awesome detailing in the hair and texturing… love it!

1 Like

Congratulations with being in the ‘Best of Blender Artists 2021’!

1 Like

Of course, I also featured you on BlenderNation :slight_smile:

1 Like