Macro Photography: The Smallest Pyramid

I think you need to up the tracedepth to maybe 8, and double the photon count. Also, you might want to look into a couple of better HDRI maps…

…oh wait… :stuck_out_tongue:

Everyone that sees the back-lit shot likes it more than the others. Why? I don’t like it because of the dust particle on the second sphere that interferes with the highlight. I guess I’ll reshoot, and maybe make a 360 degree turn-table animation.

I carefully extracted the points from the pens with wire cutters. To avoid a big mess, I only used pens that ran out of ink! The points have no dents and are very smooth because we write on smooth paper. Or maybe the dents are too small to see.

I am now stacking a mega-pyramid – it will topple the charts at height of 8 mm. I’ll post if I’m successful.

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

aw, I was about to say they’re from pens, oh well.

Interesting photos.

Mystery

Luv that! You are an artist, man. Hope you know it already. Use your powers!

I totally agree with this 3d pinguin: great images! (love 2 c more)

Dude, that’s crazy! I have an A80 and would love to know how you did this. I know there’s some sort of lens adapter on my camera but I have no idea how to use it. Is it pretty expensive?

Anyway, great job :slight_smile:

Thanks for the comments, guys. I just found out that my pic was featured at megapixel.net! http://www.megapixel.net/html/galleries/macros/macro02.php

Bijin, you can use an A80. You’ll need 3 things:

1. Canon LA-DC52C adapter $20
  2. a step-up ring ($7)
  3. a regular 50mm SLR lens ($depends) 28mm and 38mm lenses will also work and will provide more magnification.

Note: Buy a step-up ring that has male threads on both sides. One side must be 52mm to fit on the LA-DC52C, the other has to be the same diameter as the front of your SLR lens (49mm in my case). Connect everything and presto!