Apple, Knife and Books

In this scene, I wanted to improve my lighting and compositing skills and I was thinking about still-life scenes using free assets

The first step I searched for inspirations on Pinterest then I found the idea of the scene

Then I downloaded the desired models from Megascans Library and Sketchfab.

Composition

When I put the models I tried to follow some Composition Rules like:

• Rule of Thirds
  • Depth of Field
  • Leading lines
  • Contrast
  • Balancing Elements

Lighting

I imagined this apple sitting on a table in a room that has sources of warm lights and it has a window that lets the skylight comes in

I used 4 source lights to highlight the edges of the apple

• HDRI + Bluish Area light ( made a nice reflection on the top and the right side of the apple )
  • Warm big area light ( made a highlight on the left side of the apple)
  • Small Point light work like a candle or small bulb ( made highlight on the front )

Finally, I added the fly to add realism into the scene

49 Likes

Everything looks like they are real objects, but the fly is kinda small (or the apple is big :slight_smile: ). Took me a while to notice the fly at all.

1 Like

10/10 for book realism

1 Like

I want to mention these models are free scans from the internet I didn’t model anything I just made edits on the materials to fit the scene

This looks great!

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

2 Likes

20 mark for everything

what’s your idea about this!?

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

2 Likes

it is great work :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

would be great if all works on blenderartists like this (with not own assets) provided a links on originals,
so other users can see where they can find such a models.
I hope @bartv will add this rules otherwise the artwork will not be featured.
Also one more rule is screen from blender like in this artwork.

I’m not against @Ahmed_Souody , work look great! Very nice composition.
Can you update your post with links to original models?

We do expect people to at least mention if they used other assets. It’s not something we can enforce however as it’s impossible to know…

2 Likes

I’d say you definitely improved your lighting and compositing skills, a lovely scene.

1 Like